Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official out of hope noob post. READ please.
(noobing)

Since the treyarch wiki has been offline I was just wondering if someone could recreate some of the important information in a thread somewhere. I tried searching for "mod tools black ops" "black ops mod tools tutorial" "tutorial mod tools" and came up with links to treyarch wiki pages that are.. not available.

I found one post on "could someone make a noob friendly tutorial for the beta tools?"

The feed back was that the mod he suggested there be a tutorial for was too complicated and that he start on a smaller mod first. But that was the end of it and no tutorial was given. So again, a noob shall ask the community...

For even a small mod....
-Where / how do you start from scratch? (open mod tools beta.. then..?)
-What gsc or other files do you modify and where are they?
-How do you compile and then run the mod?

I'm new to doing all of this outside of a loader / code injector, and I don't want to be banned from another CoD >_> Please answer those simple 3 questions and perhaps sticky this to help noobs like me lost in the search tool and prevent similar posts from emerging from all of the interwebs.

Since MW3 hackers have obtained the dev console hack from mw2... they are able to kick players who manage to fight back against aimbotters (via riot shield or other method) so the game for many will soon become unplayable. The point of mentioning this is that black ops is going to have a spike in popularity very soon as MW3 is about to break. Posts like this are going to emerge like crazy once MW3 pc community shatters and wants to breathe new life into black ops.

(/noobing)

Thank you.

Quote:READ please.

Didn't read Dumb Bitch
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Forum-Moddi...rials.html
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment

(02-16-2012, 15:18)AZUMIKKEL Wrote:
Quote:READ please.

Didn't read Dumb Bitch
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Forum-Moddi...rials.html

Yea I can tell. I've been to that page. What I need answered is in bold in the original post. I couldn't find that specific information anywhere Sad

(02-16-2012, 15:24)tomgezen Wrote: Yea I can tell. I've been to that page. What I need answered is in bold in the original post. I couldn't find that specific information anywhere Sad

I send this tutorial to every noo... *cough* I mean, beginners (let's be polite, shall we? Like a sir ) that asks me this:
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php...troduction

About the mod tools, it's pretty easy to figure out (take a look at the mods that came with the mod tools), but start by learning the basics of .GSC.
After that... Well... You're free to asks us questions, we wont hit you or something Tongue

Well, the Launcher is basicly an overview of what you have in your mod/modfolder. From the launcher you can open usefull folders, compile the mod and some other useless things (:p). Everything you can use is inside the "/raw", "/source_data" or "/zone_source" folders, In the raw folder you will find basicly every script and "raw" file that are in the game, In the Source_data folder you will find the weapon file source files (open them with Asset Manager and you will see some values that you can change) and in the Zone_source folder you will find the "zone" csv files which are used to compile files into a FastFile (.ff).

The GSC files you need to use will depend on what you want to change or make, just use the files that contain the parts that you want to change or use or whatever. You can also create your own.

You can compile the mod tru the Launcher, most of the time you will have to compile them into a FastFile, but if you only edit scripts (.gsc files) you can also pack them as an IWD and then just launch the game, open the "mods" menu and select the mod you want.
(08-10-2011, 12:58)Pozzuh Wrote:
Se7en Wrote:Stealed, from cod4 mod ...
look who's talking

[Release] Old School Mod v2.2
[Release] Scroll menu

(02-16-2012, 15:37)Rendflex Wrote:
(02-16-2012, 15:24)tomgezen Wrote: Yea I can tell. I've been to that page. What I need answered is in bold in the original post. I couldn't find that specific information anywhere Sad

I send this tutorial to every noo... *cough* I mean, beginners (let's be polite, shall we? Like a sir ) that asks me this:
http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php...troduction

About the mod tools, it's pretty easy to figure out (take a look at the mods that came with the mod tools), but start by learning the basics of .GSC.
After that... Well... You're free to asks us questions, we wont hit you or something Tongue

also part of my original post, I mentioned a modloader. I'm not new to editing gsc files and making mods, I just don't know anything about using the mod tools.

I tried looking at some of the mods that came with it, but when I did build and run I got some sort of connection problem. The mods work fine of course if I run the game normally, but I can't seem to figure them out. If you don't mind, could you give some sort of answer to the bits I put in bold? That would be most helpful and put this topic and any that could follow to rest.

It would also be better then sending a, it's ok to say it, NOOB off to modrepository to be overwhelmed by the information. The only modding I've done is... I had a gsc file from mw2, I think _rank.gsc, and I used code injector to force host & run the mod. All I did was use the console to kick aimbotters and give everyone a third gun slot that was a golden desert eagle, they didn't seem to mind but alas I was banned for kicking aimbotters.

The _rank.gsc was given to me and the loader instructions were explicitly for the loader so I cannot apply that knowledge to using the beta tools. Plz re-read the part in bold in my original post with this knowledge in mind, thank you.

edit- took a look at http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php...7:_Modding and that's all well and good, but the bits of my post in bold are not mentioned. The link is great once you have the 3 thins I listed, but until then I'm still stuck.

You don't need a loader nor _rank.gsc, all you need is _load.gsc and a custom gsc file that contains your stuff or if you really want a standalone mod use a custom gametype, there's a tutorial about making one in the blops section.
(08-10-2011, 12:58)Pozzuh Wrote:
Se7en Wrote:Stealed, from cod4 mod ...
look who's talking

[Release] Old School Mod v2.2
[Release] Scroll menu

You honestly can't say that you know .GSC if you've just used the _rank.gsc. Dumb Bitch

Okay, sorry, now I'm going to be helpful again.

Just read @iAegle 's comment(s), if you're not sure how to use the mod tools, but if you get some kind of error while compressing the files, then try pressing the "converter" button, and see if the error is fixed now.

The mod tools work pretty much the same way as your "MW2 injector" when it comes to the files. Let me try explain how modding works:
There's .GSC files in-game, which are already loaded by default, but with a mod... the game overwrites those with your files. So it's important that you have the files structured the same way as the game does.
Simple, eh?

Now learn some more advanced .GSC if you want me to explain further.

(02-16-2012, 20:01)Rendflex Wrote: You honestly can't say that you know .GSC if you've just used the _rank.gsc. Dumb Bitch

Okay, sorry, now I'm going to be helpful again.

Just read @iAegle 's comment(s), if you're not sure how to use the mod tools, but if you get some kind of error while compressing the files, then try pressing the "converter" button, and see if the error is fixed now.

The mod tools work pretty much the same way as your "MW2 injector" when it comes to the files. Let me try explain how modding works:
There's .GSC files in-game, which are already loaded by default, but with a mod... the game overwrites those with your files. So it's important that you have the files structured the same way as the game does.
Simple, eh?

Now learn some more advanced .GSC if you want me to explain further.

iaegle's comments were incredibly helpful. I'll direct some noob stuff at him for a short while now, and then be on my way Tongue
(02-16-2012, 16:34)iAegle Wrote: Well, the Launcher is basicly an overview of what you have in your mod/modfolder. From the launcher you can open usefull folders, compile the mod and some other useless things (:p). Everything you can use is inside the "/raw", "/source_data" or "/zone_source" folders, In the raw folder you will find basicly every script and "raw" file that are in the game, In the Source_data folder you will find the weapon file source files (open them with Asset Manager and you will see some values that you can change) and in the Zone_source folder you will find the "zone" csv files which are used to compile files into a FastFile (.ff).

The GSC files you need to use will depend on what you want to change or make, just use the files that contain the parts that you want to change or use or whatever. You can also create your own.

You can compile the mod tru the Launcher, most of the time you will have to compile them into a FastFile, but if you only edit scripts (.gsc files) you can also pack them as an IWD and then just launch the game, open the "mods" menu and select the mod you want.

your post there is exactly what I was asking. Seem's you're the most noob-friendly member! good. My ultimate intention is to take the game menu from ZombieEpidemic and dump it into Zombotron because ZoD quit on us before finish the black ops port from WaW zombotron :[ onslaught and survival are fine, but I definitely want the menu from ZombieEpidemic to be in ZombieX. Dropping barricades and buying guns from an in game menu is awesome. I realize there's more files I'll need to pull from ZombieEpidemic for the custom guns, but blah. I don't even know if I have the 'right' to do so. Lemon sold his mod a few times already..

Next question block!!
Ok so I understand what the mod tools are now. I understand why the csv file is initially blank. I understand why a small modding attempt I made before crashed and burned. hmm.. I'll just do some copy-paste stuff from the beta examples, but uh is this really as simple as copying folders and files from the black ops directory into your mod directory and THEN modifying and compiling those files? A lot of my questions were basically summed up there. answer this and this post will accomplish a perfect step by step for any and all noobs that have never had access to official modding tools and support. Like me.

(02-16-2012, 20:33)tomgezen Wrote: but uh is this really as simple as copying folders and files from the black ops directory into your mod directory and THEN modifying and compiling those files?

Pretty much, yes.

About the menus, you'll need the .menu files, look in raw > ui_mp to see samples of those files.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help Official Teckno Gods Thread [Stickied] aceed 3 3,052 08-27-2013, 16:55
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
  Hope someone can help me seiya 3 2,930 07-24-2013, 11:48
Last Post: X-Track
  No Hope: AI Zombies [Bots] d0h! 10 84,567 07-23-2013, 17:38
Last Post: xXzKingPinzXx
Tongue [Request] read if you have a cs:go code:) rawr-saours 5 3,800 04-05-2013, 18:15
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
  Black hope 2 Gladio 22 12,877 03-20-2013, 01:22
Last Post: Jakeyellis
  Dont Read Stocker 1 2,227 02-24-2013, 19:38
Last Post: JariZ
Wink [Request] c# ++ help noob) funny 3 2,621 01-31-2013, 21:10
Last Post: 99IRock
  Post your trolls! (top 10 will be listed) 99IRock 28 11,942 01-28-2013, 12:01
Last Post: JariZ
  Help Read from console rcon in Delphi richard1994x 9 6,179 12-01-2012, 17:34
Last Post: richard1994x
  delte this post TITNE 1 1,896 11-06-2012, 17:50