Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to ban?
Tongue 
I have a teknoMW3 dedicated server and i cannot ban cheaters, who have a space in their nickname. If i try to ban, for example, "abc hack", it returns that user "abc" is not on the server. If i ban by banclient, it returns the same.Angry
So how to ban cheaters in MW3?Confused

Either type status and then use banclient + ClientNum or type the name in quotes (ban "herp derp").
[Image: azuw.jpg]

Is it possible to ban by XUID or IP?
Or i need some plugins?

RCON or Plugin but you need the 1.4382 version of the Server Addon.
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]

I couldn't ban player with nick "ChocoMilk <3".
I've tried everything...
Without quotes it returns "usage: bla bla", but with quotes: "player "ChocoMilk" is not on this server".
Maybe I should update server? iw5mp_server.exe?
Or how to ban by XUID?

(06-12-2012, 19:59)iSlayer Wrote: I couldn't ban player with nick "ChocoMilk <3".
I've tried everything...
Without quotes it returns "usage: bla bla", but with quotes: "player "ChocoMilk" is not on this server".
Maybe I should update server? iw5mp_server.exe?
Or how to buy by XUID?

write status on console then check the first number before the client's name. this number goes from 0-17 depending on the slots the server has. Example in a 12 slots server it only goes from 0-11 and since maximum slots are 18 it goes to 17.

After you have that number use banclient number you have like banclient 2 and it should work.
LOL

Ask nova for his banhammer?

No, banclient returns the same. It's impossible.
... so where i can download NORMAL teknoMW3 server with ban function?
My server is always full, but if "unbannable" cheater comes here i need to restart it Sad

(06-12-2012, 21:19)iSlayer Wrote: No, banclient returns the same. It's impossible.
... so where i can download NORMAL teknoMW3 server with ban function?
My server is always full, but if "unbannable" cheater comes here i need to restart it Sad

i have never come across where rcon using banclient 2 etc would not ban them, the long way around would be to take a snapshot of the xuids after typing in status, then manually adding it to the ban list.

Before you try and ban make sure you have logged into rcon type "status" then try banclient 2 or whatever his client number is.
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

*sigh* If player has a space in his name, banclient nor ban will work, I have no idea why but it's like that. But kickclient and dropclient work..
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]