• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help dota2 announcer sounds in mw3
Hi guys before that i found here a plugin to play dota2 announcer sounds like killing spree or dominated or ... in mw3 and now i can't find that i want to know can some one help me about that where i can find this plugin. thank you
We had an idea to make this plugin ( I don't know if it was released or not ), but it's easy, you can make it yourself.
It's not that simple just to "play a sound". First of, you need to do the following things:
1. Server plugin which creates network socket on different port.
2. When client connects, plugin will try to connect to client application( not a game, via Client.IP ) or if it fails then it notifies a client "no sound client detected, you can download it here blablabla..".
3. Client MUST have program launched and sound pack downloaded when playing on your server ( client-side app, which will receive commands to play sounds ).
4. When client disconnects, server plugin simply removes this IP from your list.
These operations shouldn't be too expensive for game, since it just sends several bytes to 18 clients ( i.e "play <soundname>", when client receives it, client simply plays a sound via Windows stuff. )

In short, how it should work?
Server ( addon/plugin host ) sends a simple packet to client when something happened (>10 kills) and so when client receives it ( in standalone app, not the game! ) this app plays a sound.
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
(02-18-2015, 16:46)Nekochan Wrote: We had an idea to make this plugin ( I don't know if it was released or not ), but it's easy, you can make it yourself.
It's not that simple just to "play a sound". First of, you need to do the following things:
1. Server plugin which creates network socket on different port.
2. When client connects, plugin will try to connect to client application( not a game, via Client.IP ) or if it fails then it notifies a client "no sound client detected, you can download it here blablabla..".
3. Client MUST have program launched and sound pack downloaded when playing on your server ( client-side app, which will receive commands to play sounds ).
4. When client disconnects, server plugin simply removes this IP from your list.
These operations shouldn't be too expensive for game, since it just sends several bytes to 18 clients ( i.e "play <soundname>", when client receives it, client simply plays a sound via Windows stuff. )

In short, how it should work?
Server ( addon/plugin host ) sends a simple packet to client when something happened (>10 kills) and so when client receives it ( in standalone app, not the game! ) this app plays a sound.
I bet, that player just will quit after viewing this messageBig Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help me with the sounds when someone dies :C Slimpy 3 2,585 04-15-2014, 19:30
Last Post: Slimpy
Lightbulb MW3 with Old CS 1.6 Sounds LiL-Joker-69 13 6,981 04-07-2014, 17:05
Last Post: DidUknowiPwn