• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help SP Weapon Script Changes does not implement.
I recently tried to mod the game on my own. I managed to locate all the weapon scripts in iwd_00.iwd.

So, i decompiled it using winrar, and then recompiled it again, it all works.

The changes i made was simple so that it is easily known if the custom weapon script was implemented; just to increase the capacity of the M1911, and the game seems to run with the changed scripts.

But the part that doesn't work, was the changes doesn't work. I put the Clipsize to 12 and the Max ammo to 240, and starting ammo to 120, but nothing changes. Just the same as default.

I got crazy, and changed the script file from the minigun_zm, m1911_zm, basically i just renamed the first to the latter's name to replace such file. So in theory, the minigun_zm would be the M1911_zm; Death Machine on the game.

But still, no change. Still that m1911 with 8 + 80 (36 starting).

How can i implement script changes?
"Reality is a lovely place, but i wouldn't want to live there"

Hello, my name is Gabby, and i'am a Writer. I space out 90% of the day, and is always get sucked in daydream, free from reality. I do not have specific themes of writing, for i write by the whims of my heart, with the pen and paper, or computer as my muse.

-The 6th Messenger

"After all this Time?"

"Always"
- Severus Snape
Because some of those script-files are in fastfile.
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
(11-23-2013, 13:05)SailorMoon Wrote: Because some of those script-files are in fastfile.

Which Fast File?

How can i access these fast files?

Also, where can i edit weapon names?

Hello, my name is Gabby, and i'am a Writer. I space out 90% of the day, and is always get sucked in daydream, free from reality. I do not have specific themes of writing, for i write by the whims of my heart, with the pen and paper, or computer as my muse.

-The 6th Messenger

"After all this Time?"

"Always"
- Severus Snape
(11-23-2013, 14:00)The6thMessenger Wrote:
(11-23-2013, 13:05)SailorMoon Wrote: Because some of those script-files are in fastfile.

Which Fast File?

You can edit weapon name in token "/weaponname". You will see something like "weaponname/WEAPON_M1911/", you can write here whatever you want. For example: "weaponname/My custom Weapon/".
(11-23-2013, 16:12)SailorMoon Wrote:

Which Fast File?

You can edit weapon name in token "/weaponname". You will see something like "weaponname/WEAPON_M1911/", you can write here whatever you want. For example: "weaponname/My custom Weapon/".

Oh, okay thanks ^-^

What about the fast files? which fastfile has those? and how do i extract/compile those?

-The 6th Messenger

"After all this Time?"

"Always"
- Severus Snape
(11-23-2013, 16:30)The6thMessenger Wrote:
(11-23-2013, 16:12)SailorMoon Wrote:

Which Fast File?

Oh, okay thanks ^-^

What about the fast files? which fastfile has those? and how do i extract/compile those?

Not possible to extract for now. You can compile your mod with your custom weapon ( including model, animations etc ).
I was trying to do the thing i requested to do.

Isn't that the zombie-mode weapon scripts are there?

Or better yet, how do i get the engine to load the custom scripts instead?

-The 6th Messenger

"After all this Time?"

"Always"
- Severus Snape
(11-23-2013, 16:42)The6thMessenger Wrote: I was trying to do the thing i requested to do.

You can't load custom scripts, only if you create your custom mod.
Edit: oh, there were a lot of tutorial threads in Black Ops section, I don't know where they gone xD
(11-23-2013, 16:51)SailorMoon Wrote:
(11-23-2013, 16:42)The6thMessenger Wrote: I was trying to do the thing i requested to do.

You can't load custom scripts, only if you create your custom mod.
Edit: oh, there were a lot of tutorial threads in Black Ops section, I don't know where they gone xD
I think i can manage making the weapon changes as i want, but the real barrier is to get the engine read the custom weapon scripts.

So basically what happens is that the SP will load the mod instead of the default ones? I see, will you tell me how?

-The 6th Messenger

"After all this Time?"

"Always"
- Severus Snape
Well there's also the problem that you can't load mods. Because you can't vid_restart while you're in a 'server'. What I mean is that when you see yourself on the chair/tv you're in a map and a server and you can't vid_restart while connected... Big Grin
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
[Image: UGPjFJa.jpg]