• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Gradually move player to a position
Question 
Hi, I'm relatively new to scripting.

I want to be able to move from a spot where I'm standing, to another position.

This code works, however i need it so i gradually move positions instead of instantly teleporting.

could any ones brilliant scripting knowledge tell me how i could do this please. Im sorry if this was a noob question Big Grin

I've got this code in my gsc at the moment

Code:
savePos()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand("save", "save");
for ( ;; )
{
self waittill("save");
self.saved_origin = self.origin;
self.saved_angles = self.angles;
}
}

loadPos()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self notifyOnPlayerCommand("load", "load");

for ( ;; )
{
self waittill("load");
self freezecontrols(true);
wait 0.05;
self setPlayerAngles(self.saved_angles);
self setOrigin(self.saved_origin);
self freezecontrols(false);
}
}
(07-03-2014, 19:31)zurasaur Wrote: Hi, I'm relatively new to scripting.

This code works, however i need it so i gradually move positions instead of instantly teleporting.

could any ones brilliant scripting knowledge tell me how i could do this please. Im sorry if this was a noob question Big Grin

Use Insert formatted code or Insert formatted PHP code if you paste any code.

So you want to automatically go to Y position from X? Like a BOT?
(07-03-2014, 19:58)RaZ Wrote:
(07-03-2014, 19:31)zurasaur Wrote: Hi, I'm relatively new to scripting.

Use Insert formatted code or Insert formatted PHP code if you paste any code.

So you want to automatically go to Y position from X? Like a BOT?

yes exactly, just not instantly. i want the player to move gradually.

sorry for not formatting correctly
Use for loop with 'wait 0.1;' or less.
C++/Obj-Cdeveloper. Neko engine wip
Steam: Click
(07-03-2014, 20:17)SailorMoon Wrote: Use for loop with 'wait 0.1;' or less.

i have read a loops tutorial by yamato, and i understand loops. but im not sure i understand what exactly i should loop Confused, could you explain or give me a pointer pretty please? Blush
i'm on my phone right now, so it'd sadly take too long to write actual code, but ill try to explain:

I assume you want to move the player rather than teleport, right? Make an invisible script_model, and link the player to that model using the playerlinktodelta function. Move the model using the moveto function. When the moving is finished, unlink the player. I think @Yamato has a tutorial for moving objects.

Look up the list of all cod gsc functions, it'll help a lot! Should be on zeroy's site. If anyone has the time, mind posting it?
(07-03-2014, 21:14)Rendflex Wrote: i'm on my phone right now, so it'd sadly take too long to write actual code, but ill try to explain:

I assume you want to move the player rather than teleport, right? Make an invisible script_model, and link the player to that model using the playerlinktodelta function. Move the model using the moveto function. When the moving is finished, unlink the player. I think @Yamato has a tutorial for moving objects.

Look up the list of all cod gsc functions, it'll help a lot! Should be on zeroy's site. If anyone has the time, mind posting it?

Really helps, ill give it a try now Big Grin
(07-03-2014, 21:14)Rendflex Wrote: i'm on my phone right now, so it'd sadly take too long to write actual code, but ill try to explain:

completely solved my initial issue, thanks a lot man.

only issue I'm having now is not being able to unlink the object. not sure on the function to do it.

(07-03-2014, 23:34)zurasaur Wrote:

completely solved my initial issue, thanks a lot man.

only issue I'm having now is not being able to unlink the object. not sure on the function to do it.

/solved

thanks to everyone who helped

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spawning player on Snd Cation 4 3,152 07-11-2021, 05:05
Last Post: Scripto
  Help How to force end game for a player? Ra3shed 4 3,314 10-28-2016, 11:52
Last Post: Rendflex
  Change Player Score Xaedrus 8 5,330 04-07-2015, 18:06
Last Post: Nekochan
  Help playing mp player anims zurasaur 5 3,484 09-16-2014, 21:15
Last Post: Yamato