• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help playing mp player anims
Hello guys, my friend wants to be able to play a death animation in mw2 by entering a command into the console.

I thought it would be as easy as:
PHP Code:
deathanim()
self notifyOnPlayerCommand"die""die" );
self waittill("die");

self ScriptModelPlayAnim"pb_shotgun_death_spinL" );

However nothing happens in the game, sorry if I'm being ridiculously stupid Blush
any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm doing self thread deathanim(); in the onplayerspawned()
(09-16-2014, 16:23)zurasaur Wrote: Hello guys, my friend wants to be able to play a death animation in mw2 by entering a command into the console.

You cant modify the behaviour of the player, and what do you want? a console command or a key??

I leave this here for future edits in case its possible what you want

Code:
PlayAnim()
{
self endon("disconnect");
self endon("death");
while(1)
{
self waittill("damage");
self hide();
//remove head attachment
self.bot = self cloneplayer();
self.bot scriptModelPlayAnim( "pb_shotgun_death_spinL" );
wait getanimlength( "pb_shotgun_death_spinL" );
self.bot delete();
self show();
}
}
(09-16-2014, 17:46)Yamato Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 16:23)zurasaur Wrote: Hello guys, my friend wants to be able to play a death animation in mw2 by entering a command into the console.

You cant modify the behaviour of the player, and what do you want? a console command or a key??

Code:
self hide();

Yes, i want to play certain death animations like the headshot death. i understand if this isnt possible : ( thanks for the help
(09-16-2014, 18:49)zurasaur Wrote:

Code:
self hide();

Yes, i want to play certain death animations like the headshot death. i understand if this isnt possible : ( thanks for the help

But you dont want the player to die right? you want it to animate and then continue alive right?
(09-16-2014, 20:15)Yamato Wrote:

Code:
self hide();

But you dont want the player to die right? you want it to animate and then continue alive right?

as long as a certain animation plays it doesn't matter if he is actually killed, however would be better if he didn't die
(09-16-2014, 20:37)zurasaur Wrote:
(09-16-2014, 20:15)Yamato Wrote:

Code:
self hide();

as long as a certain animation plays it doesn't matter if he is actually killed, however would be better if he didn't die

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Help...#pid108445

ok, Ill keep updating the code on there. Ill take a look at it tomorrow when I have more time. If someone wants to add something do it and help Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spawning player on Snd Cation 4 3,147 07-11-2021, 05:05
Last Post: Scripto
  Help How to force end game for a player? Ra3shed 4 3,311 10-28-2016, 11:52
Last Post: Rendflex
  Change Player Score Xaedrus 8 5,327 04-07-2015, 18:06
Last Post: Nekochan
Question Help Gradually move player to a position zurasaur 7 4,188 07-03-2014, 23:34
Last Post: zurasaur