Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
General Help Thread
(05-29-2012, 08:46)pieter Wrote: bitching about it won't really convince @Nukem to update it again..

we've had some holidays, and even @Nukem is human and also has to do personal shit or enjoy a nice weekend/holiday

True, but i have wondered this for a while, how come it's only @Nukem that can update this addon, i guess from the site he had input from others, going by the Credits given.

I ask this due to the obvious reason what if for what ever reason he is unable to get on the internet for weeks at a a time or indeed not at all due to family issues which can unfortunately crop up.

Would it not be prudent to have a friend that is on here (who is capable of course) to have as a backup.
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

(05-29-2012, 07:48)JariZ Wrote: @narkos What answer did you expect? We don't know anymore then you do....
@JariZ I know that you don't know more than i do, that's why i was asking in this thread to get a NEWS by @Nukem ...

I totally understand that @Nukem has a lot of other things to do, i asked to get a news, not to get the update today...

Thanks in advance!

Sorry again for my bad english...

P.S. Thx @SuperNovaAO to give me "Warning Level: 4%" for asking to get news about addon. This is a nice Welcome gift Wink

@Nukem did allready add new offsets for speed / gravity plugins in the sticky thread on the 25th.
So i guess he's working on it..

just be patient Awesome
Had a life, Got a modem..

Thx for your answer @pieter!!!
It's a nice to hear that news!

(05-29-2012, 09:59)hillbilly Wrote: True, but i have wondered this for a while, how come it's only @Nukem that can update this addon, i guess from the site he had input from others, going by the Credits given.

I ask this due to the obvious reason what if for what ever reason he is unable to get on the internet for weeks at a a time or indeed not at all due to family issues which can unfortunately crop up.

Would it not be prudent to have a friend that is on here (who is capable of course) to have as a backup.

wise Words

Since you all continue to keep asking about the update, here is my answer:

My addon started out as a small project that I didn't know would end up like this.
It's MY choice whether or not to update it to the current version. The date at which I release the update is unknown, but hopefully sometime this week. Aside from that, it will probably be the last update.

I am not that busy, though I don't always want to work on the project.

Posting constantly on my profile or the forums does not help anything about the updates.

(05-29-2012, 19:47)Nukem Wrote: Since you all continue to keep asking about the update, here is my answer:

My addon started out as a small project that I didn't know would end up like this.
It's MY choice whether or not to update it to the current version. The date at which I release the update is unknown, but hopefully sometime this week. Aside from that, it will probably be the last update.

I am not that busy, though I don't always want to work on the project.

Posting constantly on my profile or the forums does not help anything about the updates.

Thanks for this Post Nukem,

one question, when you stop updating this addon, is it in your mind to place the sourcecode anywhere? or to give it another member who's able to continue updating/extending it?
I guess a bunch of players & server administrator are awaiting this awesome piece of code you made in the last couple of month.

Cheers and thanks for your work

Nukem, as Jakata said - is it possible for you to release your source code to another dev so it can continue to be updated?

A lot of people rely on this addon for the competitive scene of MW3 and it would be much appreciated.

@Nukem i fully understand, ive had the same thing happening to me a few times when modding other games (F.E.A.R. / CS etc)

you start up with something small and end upp with an entire community depending on you. I would have made the same decission. Especially with every update breaking shit again.

maybe its an idea to show ppl how to update shit themselves? (idk how complicated it is) But on the other hand, its your project, so also your choice if you decide to kill it
Had a life, Got a modem..

@pieter Like other people said, releasing the sourcecode might help.
Altough if I were nukem, i'd give it to @zxz0O0 because if he'd release it publicly,
It will get leeched all over the internetz, with credits removed etc.
Most communities won't do that, but the COD/ItsMods/hax/Modding community in general can be that much of a bitch
I think zxz would be the best candidate to keep working on the project, considering he helped a lot on development of the addon in general and probably has the most experience about the 'back end' of the addon

tl;dr: Don't release it publicy else 'NGU's SUPER AWESOME MEGA MOD LOADER SERVER HACK BY xXxPR0SN1P3ZH4XxXx'