ItsMods

Full Version: Punkbuster runs 24/7...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I never had such problem, didn't change anything and I have like 5 or more punkbuster games installed. Also, I heard somewhere (can't remember where), that it scans entire pc, it can see your passwords, numbers, logins, etc. Not sure if it was true, probably yes.
Only my PnkBstrA.exe is running after windows startup, and it only uses 1.3mB ram
@Pozzuh both PnkBstrB and PnkBstrA are running for me, always.
taking up about 30 mb most of the times
@g-man If you don't read it; don't comment
[Image: c7f12c49.png]
Use Hax Dumb Bitch
Punk Buster is A MALWARE Troll Troll
(04-18-2012, 15:44)JariZ Wrote: [ -> ]@Pozzuh both PnkBstrB and PnkBstrA are running for me, always.
taking up about 30 mb most of the times
@g-man If you don't read it; don't comment

Read all posts, have rights ;-[
So I agree with senior @Pozzuh I had only PnkBstrA on auto-startup, and PnkBstr was not even running, not even in the list of tasks
Nah, PnkBstrB isn't running neither anymore for me.
I think it gets launched when BF3 starts and then keeps running...
(because I haven't played BF3 since I started this PC)
(04-18-2012, 18:01)JariZ Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, PnkBstrB isn't running neither anymore for me.
I think it gets launched when BF3 starts and then keeps running...
(because I haven't played BF3 since I started this PC)

hmkay let me try...
[Image: AyJr2.png]

avast Wrote:"A suspicious, hidden object (rootkit) was found on your system. This can be a malware infection. We recommend you to remove it."

NUFF SAID
Seriously @JariZ you posted the answer yourself already and @pieter even told you more about it (Vista stuff).
A game is not at all allowed to be only runnable as Administrator (M$) and to detect low level hacks PunkBuster therefore has to be auto run as Administrator. That is not possible so it's being run as a service.

Learn to read and don't spam this forum with bs threads.

Thread closed.
Pages: 1 2