ItsMods

Full Version: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have searched on google for some fixes for this problem, and have had no success. There seems to be some pretty educated gamers here, so I figured why not ask?

I have a Nvidia GeForce GTX 275, updated to the latest driver (285.79) and whenever I play games such as MW3, MW2, Skyrim etc... I can play for a little while, and then the screen flickers black for a few seconds, then recovers. When I check my event log, it shows the error in the thread topic. Sometimes I can play a few rounds in a row and have no problems, and sometimes I can get this screen flicker 10+ times in a single round. If anyone has ever had this problem and found a fix, please, help me out. It's getting so frustrating and I want to purchase Battlefield 3 in the next few days, but I want to play it smoothly.

Thanks
Try to reinstall your drivers. I get this error randomly while playing minecraft.
Gpu can't play battelfield3, it's to slow for the game, buy a new videocard.
I've bought the radeon HD6870 and it works great for the price, but if you got more money, I should go for the HD6950 with 2000 mb
Did you ever overclock your GPU. Maybe it went to far and you physically damaged your device which is unrecoverable and also not covered by the warranty. If not: as said before, try to reinstall the drivers (uninstall, restart, install, restart (download the driver before so you don't need to download it while being in 640x480 software rendering mode)).

If you have some money I can also suggest the AMD 6950 from Sapphire. Runs Bf3 very well (max settings) and you get Dirt 3 for free which is a nice game.
i recommend to use Driver Sweeper from Guru3D
you get rid of ALL files, then install the new one

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
The card is factory overclocked and plays Crysis max settings with no visual lag, I should be okay with BF3. I'll try that doh! Thanks.
The download link on that page doesn't work, d0h!.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655

thats a dx10 card, so it doesnt matter if you have lag or not. you dont play the game like its supposed to be, in DX11
but i also know that everything depends on money so when you are happy with the card then of course keep it
You can't play btf3 with that card, try it but it should normally don't play btf properly.
I tried it with my NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 and it didn't work. Everytime there is an explosion the screen turn black.
I saw your card specs and they were worse then my specs...
radeon HD6870 works great now.
(11-27-2011, 21:20)_Smile_Man_ Wrote: [ -> ]You can't play btf3 with that card, try it but it should normally don't play btf properly.
I tried it with my NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 and it didn't work. Everytime there is an explosion the screen turn black.
I saw your card specs and they were worse then my specs...
radeon HD6870 works great now.
Actually, my card is still ranked in top 10, and I can play BF3 on ultra with no lag. It's a factory overclocked card, and to solve this problem I underclocked it slightly with Msi afterburner, still runs great.

(11-27-2011, 17:52)d0h! Wrote: [ -> ]http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655

thats a dx10 card, so it doesnt matter if you have lag or not. you dont play the game like its supposed to be, in DX11
but i also know that everything depends on money so when you are happy with the card then of course keep it

And my card is running DX11. You guys are reading wrong specs or something. Though I probably should have added that the specs are nearly 3 times better on my version of the card than the original.
Pages: 1 2