ItsMods

Full Version: How To Fully Animate Imported Weapons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In This Tutorial I Will Show You How To Fully Animate Weapons You Imported From Other COD games

Need:

-Maya 2009
-Xmodel exporter (to get the gun)

1st: Open the weapon you want to import in maya

As you can see in the next screenshots you can select differents parts of the weapons

[Image: rearp.png]
[Image: clipi.png]
[Image: brass.png]
[Image: boltj.png]

2nd: Open the html file with tag in it name (it came along with the .obj file we get when we export the model with xmodel exporter)

[Image: tagss.png]

3rd: As you can see there is bones, those bone are used to make it animated, we will now fix the weapon model bones

[Image: seebolt.png]

On the screenshot above I selected the bolt of the weapon
so I will rename the group3 to j_bolt (as we can see in the html file)

For the j_gun you need to press edit > select all and then edit > group , after that rename the group to j_gun

tag_brass = where the shell get ejected
j_gun = the whole gun
j_bolt = the bolt or moving part when shooting sometimes
tag_flash = where the muzzeflash should be (usually the look for a small piece of metal in the iron sight near the barrel, really small the 2nd one, the closest to the barrel)
j_press_rear= the part at the back of the pistol , it hits the bullet when you press the trigger EDIT: Nvm it is unknown to be
tag_clip=obviously the clip itself

When in asset manager and selecting your xmodel_export dont forget to select animated
to the same for every bones, also some bones might not have tags as they dont move

you actually got sounds attached to your cod4 guns?
(08-12-2011, 17:38)koil Wrote: [ -> ]you actually got sounds attached to your cod4 guns?

hum, working on it right now, soon I might do a tutorial if it is a sucess
Thanks anyways Nyan Cat
(08-12-2011, 17:51)Se7en Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks anyways Nyan Cat

You hadnt done it, had to do it
THNX SCRIPTS Fuck yea!
(08-12-2011, 19:30)jariz Wrote: [ -> ]THNX SCRIPTS Fuck yea!

Next tutorials:
-custom Hud icon
-Some Maya tricks

my next tut is gonna be completely custom weapons Narwhal
-custom Hud icon

lol? Already created ...
(08-13-2011, 13:58)Se7en Wrote: [ -> ]-custom Hud icon

lol? Already created ...

Go back on your thread
Pages: 1 2 3