ItsMods

Full Version: Modding, the right way.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks i'll move everything from the _rank.gsc but keeping a modified _rank gsc organized increases your modding abilities. (tested by me) also it's a mw2 habit cuz i started modfing with mw2 and there was always modified _rank.gscs until nukem came. Smile
You didn't have to edit _Rank.gsc in mw2. You could modify any. We're not xbox faggots Smile
Nice! Thanks
Also
Quote:setscoreboardcolumns( "Cleaned", "infected", "suicide", "assists" );
.. we can add new things ? this like self.kills, self.assissts?
Quote:precacheitem( "commando_mp_wtf" );
whats that ^__^ ?
(08-11-2011, 19:52)Se7en Wrote: [ -> ]Nice! Thanks
Also
Quote:setscoreboardcolumns( "Cleaned", "infected", "suicide", "assists" );
.. we can add new things ? this like self.kills, self.assissts?
Quote:precacheitem( "commando_mp_wtf" );
whats that ^__^ ?

commando_mp_wtf is a weapon I am making.
The score board columns are a pain in the ass!

I have them working, but not in this code.
(08-11-2011, 19:33)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't have to edit _Rank.gsc in mw2. You could modify any. We're not xbox faggots Smile

lol, +10000%
(08-11-2011, 18:54)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2011, 18:32)boe44 Wrote: [ -> ]LOL there are 100 times more cod4/codWAW modders than mw2/BO modders.

Not true the cod4/waw modding community is really small, BO is much bigger

No, the COD4 modding community was bigger than the BO community is right now. I have been modding for COD since 2003, and have worked at File Front (CODFiles.com) since 2005 (I still work there), and the number of mods submitted to File Front for download for COD4 were/are in their thousands. Same for WaW nazi zombie mods - literally thousands of them.

But it's good that you new guys are giving BO a chance and the modding community is growing. Keep it up.

(08-15-2011, 09:45)Tally Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2011, 18:32)boe44 Wrote: [ -> ]LOL there are 100 times more cod4/codWAW modders than mw2/BO modders.

No, the COD4 modding community was bigger than the BO community is right now. I have been modding for COD since 2003, and have worked at File Front (CODFiles.com) since 2005 (I still work there), and the number of mods submitted to File Front for download for COD4 were/are in their thousands. Same for WaW nazi zombie mods - literally thousands of them.

But it's good that you new guys are giving BO a chance and the modding community is growing. Keep it up.

That were all small mods like editing a skin. I don't call that modding.
The scripting community (gsc,menu files) was really small.

Well, honestly I don't know about cod2<
(08-15-2011, 10:12)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]

Most of the mods released for BO are nothing more than script editing/creating so I don't see how the BO modding community is any way different. COD4 has had a lot of really advanced mods, such as my AWE4 and Demon mod, or the ACE mod, or the X4 mod. Also, you have the Star Wars Total conversion mod for COD4. I don't see anything done for BO which even compares with them.

But anyhoo, this isn't a pissing contest. I was merely trying to point out that the COD4 modding community was huge. I was there from the very first day seeing as I was one of the COD4 mod tools beta team, and people flocked to my website to find out how to mod for COD4. When the COD4 tools first came out, they were very different from previous iterations because IW never used fastfiles before. It took some getting their heads round, and they came to me to find out how to do it. So, I saw thousands of people, so I know first hand how big the modding was. Stuck here at this one site, you might get the false impression that mods for BO are big, but they ant. There isn't nearly the same interest in mods for BO as there was for COD4.
(08-15-2011, 10:55)Tally Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2011, 10:12)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]

Most of the mods released for BO are nothing more than script editing/creating so I don't see how the BO modding community is any way different. COD4 has had a lot of really advanced mods, such as my AWE4 and Demon mod, or the ACE mod, or the X4 mod. Also, you have the Star Wars Total conversion mod for COD4. I don't see anything done for BO which even compares with them.

But anyhoo, this isn't a pissing contest. I was merely trying to point out that the COD4 modding community was huge. I was there from the very first day seeing as I was one of the COD4 mod tools beta team, and people flocked to my website to find out how to mod for COD4. When the COD4 tools first came out, they were very different from previous iterations because IW never used fastfiles before. It took some getting their heads round, and they came to me to find out how to do it. So, I saw thousands of people, so I know first hand how big the modding was. Stuck here at this one site, you might get the false impression that mods for BO are big, but they ant. There isn't nearly the same interest in mods for BO as there was for COD4.

2 reasons:

1. BO got mod support after 7 months (cod4 got it after ~8 weeks in January)
2. the mod tool(s) are very limited in BO and its very hard to create new maps, no radiant/SDK

compare the modding ability in cod4 and bo. the tool(s) in BO are nothing compared to Cod4.
also IW had much more intent to keep the players playing their Cod games, nowadays its totally different, everything is about sales, advertising and make money by releasing totally lame DLCs. the main focus is also on console gamers now, no one cares about PC Players
BO mod tools are not very limited, only limited things are no localization files and no custom sounds import. Rest is fine.

Also the cod4 mod community might have been big for a little while but it hasn't been in years
Pages: 1 2 3