ItsMods

Full Version: Exec file.cfg from the server?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, maybe anyone here already did that with success, or maybe could help me find the function which is called when you input a command at console to let us for exemple execute a command via script.

I'm looking for this for COD4, but I believe is the same in MW2 and MW3.

for exemple...

stargame()
{
run_at_console(exec config.cfg);
}

this UNKNOW (run_at_console) function exist somewhere in the part of the code not available in the modtools files, probably is inside some of these files (includes) which we don't have.

In Quake 2 Source engine this is the real function with real code:

Cbuf_ExecuteText(EXEC_NOW, "exec file.cfg");

everything that you sent to this function, is like as someone submitting this code direct on the server's console.

I used a lot in my old mods, and I'm really in need for this in my new version of Frontlines. Any Clues?

I know many of you here did amazing work reversing MW2 and other games, you could just take a look and find that function for me?

thank you
Hey Hajas, good to see you're still around!

There's no way to execute a client command out of the box in cod4, but there is a 'hacky' way.
You'll need a scriptmenu (make sure to precache it)
clientcmd.menu:
Code:
#include "ui/menudef.h"

{
    menuDef
    {
        name "clientcmd"
        rect 0 0 1 1
        visible 0
        fullscreen 0

onOpen
        {
            exec "vstr clientcmd";
            close clientcmd;
        }
    }
}

Then in script, you'll need a function something like this:
Code:
execute_client(cmd) {
    self setclientdvar("clientcmd", cmd);
    wait 0.25; // Wait a little while for the dvar to actually be set
    self openmenunomouse(game["menu_clientcmd"]);
}
Forgive me if this isn't 100% syntactically correct, I haven't done this in a while Tongue

Good luck!
Yeah! I'm using this for many yearsbut to use this we need someone at the server, tryed with even witha bot and didn't work.

We just need to find the function like I said above. we need to open the exe (or some. FF file) and try to find the function used whensend commands to the console.

I bet is something similar with the same function on quake 2 engine.

It's already there and working, we just need to find it.

The guys Who created any of mw2 servers might have look into it, or could take a look for us.

This function it's very important, it's a shame not be available with modtools.

Thanks for the reply. Big Grin
Oh, sorry, looks like I misunderstood your question. I would recommend asking the Cod4x guys. https://cod4x.me/

They already added some other script commands, https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Se...ference.md