• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
menu script issue on server but not private
I have my bolt mod working pretty well on a private match but I'm having some issues when uploading and running it on gameservers.

I have a menu file and a gsc file. Basically when you come into the server you select your team then you spawn with a predetermined loadout, at that point my menu pops up and you select your weapon and if it's different from what you have it switches to it. The CAC stays active for about 8 seconds then is disabled to prevent people from choosing a different weapon during the round. So this is exactly how it works on private. On the server though I choose team and it doesn't spawn me, it just sits in spec, can't even move the camera. The weapon menu still pops up but when choosing a item (weapon) nothing happens except for the key clicks. If you hit ESC and choose weapon you get the default CAC menu which I don't want.

Anyone have this issue where to works on private but not on a server? Is there a better way to do a menu? Thanks for any help.
(07-26-2011, 04:42)thre3pi Wrote: I have my bolt mod working pretty well on a private match but I'm having some issues when uploading and running it on gameservers.

I have a menu file and a gsc file. Basically when you come into the server you select your team then you spawn with a predetermined loadout, at that point my menu pops up and you select your weapon and if it's different from what you have it switches to it. The CAC stays active for about 8 seconds then is disabled to prevent people from choosing a different weapon during the round. So this is exactly how it works on private. On the server though I choose team and it doesn't spawn me, it just sits in spec, can't even move the camera. The weapon menu still pops up but when choosing a item (weapon) nothing happens except for the key clicks. If you hit ESC and choose weapon you get the default CAC menu which I don't want.

Anyone have this issue where to works on private but not on a server? Is there a better way to do a menu? Thanks for any help.

Post code.
this might help you..

add this to init

setDvar( "scr_disable_cac", 1 );

add this to on spawned

teamwait()
{
while(1) {
self waittill("joined_team");
self setclientDvar( "scr_disable_cac", 1 );
wait 0.1;
//give weapons you want to give
//openmenunamehere
self setclientDvar( "scr_disable_cac", 0 );
}
}

That's how I do it so i run into no problems, so when you join a team no matter what it auto loads out for you..

(07-27-2011, 06:51)koil Wrote: this might help you..

add this to init

setDvar( "scr_disable_cac", 1 );

add this to on spawned

teamwait()
{
while(1) {
self waittill("joined_team");
self setclientDvar( "scr_disable_cac", 1 );
wait 0.1;
//give weapons you want to give
//openmenunamehere
self setclientDvar( "scr_disable_cac", 0 );
}
}

That's how I do it so i run into no problems, so when you join a team no matter what it auto loads out for you..

how do i make this work for free for all when i do this it makes it so you just spawn with the weapon i give i wanna add this to free for all so when you join the server my menu pops up and shows the select screen it works fine for team games just not ffa any help thanks

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Release] Windows 8.1 Fix for MW3 Server Addon master131 16 16,987 09-29-2014, 23:08
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
Brick [Release] MW3 Server Administration Addon iRoNinja 5 8,536 11-10-2013, 15:46
Last Post: Casper
Exclamation Help cmdlist, dvarlist server crash Nerus 17 10,947 11-09-2013, 23:54
Last Post: Nerus
  Our Level Fastfile is Different from the Server. CheeseToast 6 10,556 11-03-2013, 17:52
Last Post: CheeseToast
  Dedicated Server External (public) IP Nerus 3 5,562 11-02-2013, 14:16
Last Post: Casper
  MW3 Server Version superg1973 7 12,033 10-28-2013, 01:15
Last Post: kotyra972
  Help how to turn off map in dedicated server pero123 8 6,559 10-15-2013, 19:00
Last Post: Nekochan
  Issue with server addon and NAT dimitrifrom31 3 4,640 10-08-2013, 18:11
Last Post: iRoNinja
Question Help Admin menu koren30 4 4,764 10-07-2013, 20:17
Last Post: Yamato
  Private Match Bots? (NO CT) Strazeeh 12 9,139 10-02-2013, 16:52
Last Post: Strazeeh