• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
democlient connect time
How would I go about getting the democlient to connect at a certain point, for example after a ready up is over?

Or alternatively, how can I just disable democlient from connecting at all?

If anyone can tell me what file democlient is set up in that would help as well, thanks.
First of all, why the hell would you want the democlient out of your game,
Anyway you can control the democlient with StopDemoRecording() and StartDemoRecording(),
Also the GSC file is maps\mp\_demo.gsc
If i helped you please +rep me Smile
All democlient does is record theater and I'm working on a comp mod which really has no need for theater. I still want to be able to record demos with /record and /stoprecord which I should be able to do with democlient connected.

I looked through _demo and that looks like it handles /record and the demos that creates. I could be wrong tho.

My issue is, as has been an issue for others with ready up, is while in ready up with the [3arc]democlient connected you are unable to get out of ready up because the democlient cannot actually ready up, so I would like to have the democlient connect after ready up is over, or not at all.

Thanks again.
(07-27-2011, 01:03)thre3pi Wrote: All democlient does is record theater and I'm working on a comp mod which really has no need for theater. I still want to be able to record demos with /record and /stoprecord which I should be able to do with democlient connected.

I looked through _demo and that looks like it handles /record and the demos that creates. I could be wrong tho.

My issue is, as has been an issue for others with ready up, is while in ready up with the [3arc]democlient connected you are unable to get out of ready up because the democlient cannot actually ready up, so I would like to have the democlient connect after ready up is over, or not at all.

Thanks again.

Oh why didn't you say so, It's really easy to recognize a democlient:
Code:
if( self isdemoclient() )
        return;
`

edit: with this you can also still record demo's
There is also a notify for demo client.

You have to notify that demo client is ready, even if you are not using it.
thanks guys, I was able to remove demo_client with the following code:

Code:
demoClientRemove()
{
    if (level.ready_up_over == false)
    {
        setDvar( "demo_enabled", 0);    
    }
}

I'm having issues getting it back though, not really required as I can still do /record this way but I wouldn't mind knowing how to go about bringing the demo_client back when level.ready_up_over == true.

Thanks.
(07-27-2011, 05:59)thre3pi Wrote: thanks guys, I was able to remove demo_client with the following code:

Code:
demoClientRemove()
{
    if (level.ready_up_over == false)
    {
        setDvar( "demo_enabled", 0);    
    }
}

I'm having issues getting it back though, not really required as I can still do /record this way but I wouldn't mind knowing how to go about bringing the demo_client back when level.ready_up_over == true.

Thanks.

if( !isDefined( level.ready_up_over ) || !level.ready_up_over )
//do this

You should never say == false. You should always say not using !

if( !level.ready_up_over )
//level.ready_up_over = false

if( level.ready_up_over )
//level.ready_up_over = true

setDvar( "demo_enabled", 1);

on the score reset alias in ready up.. then after fast restart it should join? I think? also if you ever find out why ready up just freezes randomly once every 100 maps, let me know <3
Do we really need one more competitive mod ?
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]
(07-27-2011, 06:55)koil Wrote: setDvar( "demo_enabled", 1);

on the score reset alias in ready up.. then after fast restart it should join? I think? also if you ever find out why ready up just freezes randomly once every 100 maps, let me know <3

Or just use the really easy function I provided?
StopDemoRecording()/StartDemoRecording()
I dont get why you use that dvar?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information [Request] Need Time Plugin and Server Msg Plugin sylvester123 14 8,671 07-26-2013, 08:07
Last Post: sylvester123
  4D1 Extend Feeding Time Tacticalicious 1 2,411 07-02-2013, 20:59
Last Post: surtek
Tongue What are you doing in free time? Nekochan 16 7,942 05-05-2013, 08:25
Last Post: Pozzuh
  problem to connect to server s.j-rez 0 2,079 04-17-2013, 18:18
Last Post: s.j-rez
  "one time we lived" Stocker 0 1,613 12-22-2012, 17:34
Last Post: Stocker
Brick [Request] iPrintLn Automatic time XxBRxX 13 6,723 12-20-2012, 08:46
Last Post: 99IRock
  [Request] !time raminr63 4 2,792 11-10-2012, 13:41
Last Post: OzonE
  [News] What time is it? Not gonna buy o'clock! SuperNovaAO 34 14,775 10-30-2012, 23:59
Last Post: SuperNovaAO
Big Grin Preview The time i spend on my pc can1907 16 6,711 10-28-2012, 20:27
Last Post: OrangePL
  Call of Duty reaches a new all-time low by launching 'Noobtube' JariZ 7 5,159 07-19-2012, 23:10
Last Post: JariZ