• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Tutorial] Rumbles
Hello, Nyan Cat

New tutorial, this is about a command that doesnt work in PC as far as I know(I dont know if they work with 360 controllers), is for Xbox360, PS3 and Wii players, it makes the controller vibrate in different ways, for the command you have to call it like this:

Code:
PlayRumbleOnPosition("rumble you want",position);

Example of a grenade rumble:

Code:
PlayRumbleOnPosition("grenade_rumble",self.origin);

Here is a list of Rumbles:

Also, in xbox or whatever it is you can modify the rumble file, they work in a similar way to a weapon file:

Code:
RUMBLE\lowRumbleFile\file that has the low rumble\highRumbleFile\file that has the high rumble\duration\in seconds\range\range it has\fadeWithDistance\set 1 to make it change its scale with the distance to the position where the rumble was played\broadcast\0

AC130 example:

Code:
RUMBLE\lowRumbleFile\damage_heavy_l.rmb\highRumbleFile\damage_heavy_h.rmb\duration\1\range\1024\fadeWithDistance\1\broadcast\0

You can find lowRumbleFiles and highRumbleFiles in the rumble folder, these files load the data of the rumble, I dont really understand how they work.

Thats all
Just a noob question, Rumble is like a explosion or something right? not like a bullethole in something?
edit also thnx for tutorial
(09-21-2011, 15:43)jariz Wrote: Just a noob question, Rumble is like a explosion or something right? not like a bullethole in something?
edit also thnx for tutorial

No, is a vibration on your controller
woh, ok, i didnt knew that Awesome
sorry my fault didnt read it completely, always thought they were explosions
idk how u can have so much ideas Big Grin
(09-28-2011, 09:21)alvarogt95 Wrote: idk how u can have so much ideas Big Grin

Is a tutorial, not an idea, Blush
(09-28-2011, 13:38)Yamato Wrote:
(09-28-2011, 09:21)alvarogt95 Wrote: idk how u can have so much ideas Big Grin

Is a tutorial, not an idea, Blush

hehe ye it is Big Grin