Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tutorial PC under $1000
My computer once emergency shut down. Just next to the cooler: 140 degrees Celsius.

CPU cores: 40 degrees Celsius.

Thank you, Mugen 3.

(05-07-2012, 07:26)dylankrajewski Wrote: OC'ing a processor is easy, if you know a shit load about your bios though. BUT, in all honesty, it takes a good 30mins to safely OC a processor to its max, if you go WAY over your max, by more than 10MGhz, you can seriously fry it in under 1 minute, unless you have water cooling, but then again, it won't last very long, the best way to over clock, is study your version of bios, then over clock by 1MGhz at a time for example go from 3.2 - 3.3 then after 5 times and still working properly, go up in smaller increments, so go from 3.7 - 3.75 etc etc, try not to go more than 1/3 or your processor starting power, as you might fry it. i have over clocked my PC previously, along with my GPU, i got double the power from my gpu and just over 1/3 from my CPU, went from 2.8 - 3.4GHz, and my GPU was a HD6670, so from roughly 750mghz - 1250mghz.

anything else you want explained?

even the stress test with prime or ibt takes more than 30mins to test the stability ....
i also would never buy a H series cooler nor the havik

stress test.... if overclocking i would always run stress test for AT LEAST 12 hours !! if it caint hack that then dont bother.

my build , 1090t 6core, gtx570 , 4gb ddr3 , some rand asus mainboard . all under $400 aussie that was two years ago now and i was a computer tech then so parts where cost price but its a great pc and you should be able to pick something like it up for around the same price if you know where to buy xD

exactly, you could chose intel burn test to save time while testing the stability but then you need a really good cooler because ibt is the ultimate thread testing software and your chip will get hot like nothing else you probably have seen before

can i use an intel burnin test on my amd :/ ive never tried lol i use passmarks burnin and stress test

i guess you can yes
ibt is from agentgod and mostly used to save time instead of using prime95

it will stress your chip hardcore that you will see if your system is stable or not in about 30-60mins

lol get i5, i3 its kinda old xd

(05-07-2012, 10:48)alvarogt95 Wrote: lol get i5, i3 its kinda old xd

i once told you that "old" has nothing to do if its good or bad.
my chip is from 2008 and outperforms all previous versions of the i3, i5 and i7

Ok, yesterday i was meant to post, but it gave some kind of internal server error, so i'll say it now.

That pc up here has a H100 cooler, which is the top end cooler RECOMMENDED and MADE by intel, for the i5, the H070 was made for the i3, but because both processors are made witht he LG1155 socket in mind, it will fit both, i3, i5 and i7 all have the same power in terms of GHz, but when it comes to doing multiple things, like playing MW3 while you are rendering a video, thats when i5 will outdo i3, i7 will outdo i5 etc etc.

In terms of OLD and NEW chips, that has nothing to do with it, an old dual core e6600 intel processor at 2.8GHZ has as much power as an i7 at 2.8GHz, but wen it comes to multitasking, that's when the e6600 will fail, but doing single things like rendering a video or ripping a movie, or converting videos then leaving your computer alone, they both have the same power.
[Image: 6vFJ9.png]

All i have to say is.....

lol

(05-07-2012, 23:55)dylankrajewski Wrote: Ok, yesterday i was meant to post, but it gave some kind of internal server error, so i'll say it now.

That pc up here has a H100 cooler, which is the top end cooler RECOMMENDED and MADE by intel, for the i5, the H070 was made for the i3, but because both processors are made witht he LG1155 socket in mind, it will fit both, i3, i5 and i7 all have the same power in terms of GHz, but when it comes to doing multiple things, like playing MW3 while you are rendering a video, thats when i5 will outdo i3, i7 will outdo i5 etc etc.

first of all the H100 is not made by intel, nor is it recommended by them either.
there are much better coolers which arent that loud as a h100 and is cooling better.
the D14, the silver arrow or the phanteks outperforms this wannabe clc system.

the H100 is not even high end
also the H70 wasnt made for any specific cpus. it supports almost every socket and has been built to be an equivalent to big air coolers without the need of a custom water loop system.

these clc systems are louder and hotter than the top 5 air coolers that you can get nowadays.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1000+ Black Ops MP Hours crAyon 24 10,760 05-17-2012, 19:16
Last Post: TheRPGBomb
  Road to 1000 posts Lemon 14 6,868 10-04-2011, 18:41
Last Post: Lemon
  1000 referalls ipwnedyou 5 3,224 06-23-2011, 22:51
Last Post: AZUMIKKEL
  [News] 1000 Members and X-Mas Special lottery ! d0h! 26 9,656 12-21-2010, 01:13
Last Post: SuperNovaAO