• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Tutorial] Load mods on unranked dedicateds
I have attempted to follow the above instructions and my server says it loading the mod when I join but the server name stays BlackOpsPublic even though I have changed the name in the server config file. I have also asked gameservers for help and the sent me this link. http://wiki.treyarch.com/wiki/Index I have tried to do it their way too and still nothing. I apologize for my noob question but I would appreciate any help you can give. Angel
(07-23-2011, 18:31)traclan Wrote: I have attempted to follow the above instructions and my server says it loading the mod when I join but the server name stays BlackOpsPublic even though I have changed the name in the server config file. I have also asked gameservers for help and the sent me this link. http://wiki.treyarch.com/wiki/Index I have tried to do it their way too and still nothing. I apologize for my noob question but I would appreciate any help you can give. Angel

Use the rcon tool on Steam as said in the tutorial in bold letters. How could you miss that?
YouTube 1:Azumikkel- Modding
YouTube 2:DerpShark- Gaming Entertainment
(07-25-2011, 11:37)AZUMIKKEL Wrote:
(07-23-2011, 18:31)traclan Wrote: I have attempted to follow the above instructions and my server says it loading the mod when I join but the server name stays BlackOpsPublic even though I have changed the name in the server config file. I have also asked gameservers for help and the sent me this link. http://wiki.treyarch.com/wiki/Index I have tried to do it their way too and still nothing. I apologize for my noob question but I would appreciate any help you can give. Angel

Use the rcon tool on Steam as said in the tutorial in bold letters. How could you miss that?

I'm a noob..... Fuu Thank You I got the server named! Awesome
(07-01-2011, 22:45)AZUMIKKEL Wrote:
(07-01-2011, 04:48)jariz Wrote: It suprises me that there aren't any tutorials about this, also this look really easy to follow for noobs, thanks Big Grin

Made it mainly because I spent an hour trying to explain it to some guy, and I would likely need to explain it again in the future.

im stupid on this.....but where to you find your servers root folder thingy?
(07-01-2011, 01:34)AZUMIKKEL Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but I'm going to post my way of doing it here, as it's a little odd but works.

How to install mods on dedicateds:
Read it all through!

Step 1
Obtain a mod.

Step 2
Extract the files to any folder. (We'll call this folder your /PXRN/ folder, just for laughs.)
The mod should likely consist of an archive with a folder named mp_ModName. (If so, skip to step 3).
If not, there should be either loose .iwd/.ff/.gsc files or a /maps/ folder. (Otherwise it's a crappy release, mildly said.)
Step 2.1
If there are loose .gsc files and/or a /maps/, /sounds/, or images folder, select them (ctrl+click) and follow the Developer Tutorial from step 2 to step 4.
Now make a folder and name it mp_ModName.

Step 3
Drag mp_ModName to your server FTP's root (main) folder.

Step 4
Navigate to your FTP's root (main) folder.
Make a folder called /players/
Inside that, make a folder called /mods/
Inside that, make a folder called /mp_ModName/ It is important that this is the exact same as the mod's folder.

Step 5
Inside /players/mods/mp_ModName/, put this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?nbu09tg42u1coue
No need to change it, it won't affect anything, as long as it's there.

Step 6
Log onto my.gameservers.com
Go into CONFIG
Choose 'commandline.txt' from the dropdown menu. Click 'Update'.
Mod: mp_ModName
Config File: config_mp

Click 'SAVE CHANGES'

Step 7
Go into INFO
You should see this:
Quote:Mod FTP: ftp://username:pass[at]bomods.gameservers.com [Re-Sync] [View Files]
Click Re-Sync and wait 3-5 minutes!

Step 8
Click 'Restart server'
Wait for it to come back up (approx. 30 seconds)

You can now play the mod and configure your server with the "Call of Duty Black Ops - Remote Console" tool on Steam

I encourage all mod developers who wants to release (or compile) their mods by following these simple steps: (WinRAR needed)
Developer tutorial:
1. Navigate to /mods/mp_modname/ and mark (ctrl+click) all the files you want players to download (sounds, textures, optional: gsc files (*2c) - do not include .ff files).
2. Right-click and choose 'Add to archive'.
3. Choose 'ZIP' as Archive Format.
4. Set the name as 'mp_anythinggoeshere.iwd' and click OK.
* 4c: If you want to keep your gsc files safe, name the file 'mp_svr_anythinghere'

For releases:
5. Compile the folder /common/call of duty black ops/mods/mp_modname/ into a .rar archive.

Take note: You don't need the modtools' Build Mod function for any of these, unless you are planning to implement SP/ZM items (or completely custom) for which you need Fast-File (.ff) but I won't go there as I understand nothing of that.
where do you find server ftp folder... i have an unranked server and all but where do you find it?

(08-10-2011, 19:51)Shifty2912 Wrote:
(07-01-2011, 22:45)AZUMIKKEL Wrote:
(07-01-2011, 04:48)jariz Wrote: It suprises me that there aren't any tutorials about this, also this look really easy to follow for noobs, thanks Big Grin

Made it mainly because I spent an hour trying to explain it to some guy, and I would likely need to explain it again in the future.

im stupid on this.....but where to you find your servers root folder thingy?
(07-01-2011, 01:34)AZUMIKKEL Wrote: Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but I'm going to post my way of doing it here, as it's a little odd but works.

How to install mods on dedicateds:
Read it all through!

Step 1
Obtain a mod.

Step 2
Extract the files to any folder. (We'll call this folder your /PXRN/ folder, just for laughs.)
The mod should likely consist of an archive with a folder named mp_ModName. (If so, skip to step 3).
If not, there should be either loose .iwd/.ff/.gsc files or a /maps/ folder. (Otherwise it's a crappy release, mildly said.)
Step 2.1
If there are loose .gsc files and/or a /maps/, /sounds/, or images folder, select them (ctrl+click) and follow the Developer Tutorial from step 2 to step 4.
Now make a folder and name it mp_ModName.

Step 3
Drag mp_ModName to your server FTP's root (main) folder.

Step 4
Navigate to your FTP's root (main) folder.
Make a folder called /players/
Inside that, make a folder called /mods/
Inside that, make a folder called /mp_ModName/ It is important that this is the exact same as the mod's folder.

Step 5
Inside /players/mods/mp_ModName/, put this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?nbu09tg42u1coue
No need to change it, it won't affect anything, as long as it's there.

Step 6
Log onto my.gameservers.com
Go into CONFIG
Choose 'commandline.txt' from the dropdown menu. Click 'Update'.
Mod: mp_ModName
Config File: config_mp

Click 'SAVE CHANGES'

Step 7
Go into INFO
You should see this:
Quote:Mod FTP: ftp://username:pass[at]bomods.gameservers.com [Re-Sync] [View Files]
Click Re-Sync and wait 3-5 minutes!

Step 8
Click 'Restart server'
Wait for it to come back up (approx. 30 seconds)

You can now play the mod and configure your server with the "Call of Duty Black Ops - Remote Console" tool on Steam

I encourage all mod developers who wants to release (or compile) their mods by following these simple steps: (WinRAR needed)
Developer tutorial:
1. Navigate to /mods/mp_modname/ and mark (ctrl+click) all the files you want players to download (sounds, textures, optional: gsc files (*2c) - do not include .ff files).
2. Right-click and choose 'Add to archive'.
3. Choose 'ZIP' as Archive Format.
4. Set the name as 'mp_anythinggoeshere.iwd' and click OK.
* 4c: If you want to keep your gsc files safe, name the file 'mp_svr_anythinghere'

For releases:
5. Compile the folder /common/call of duty black ops/mods/mp_modname/ into a .rar archive.

Take note: You don't need the modtools' Build Mod function for any of these, unless you are planning to implement SP/ZM items (or completely custom) for which you need Fast-File (.ff) but I won't go there as I understand nothing of that.
where do you find server ftp folder... i have an unranked server and all but where do you find it?
yes ok, but where to you find your server folder?

Hi AZUMIKKEL,

First of all, thank you so much for this tutorial Big Grin But... (as always) I got a little problem playing your mod Sad
I downloaded your hide and seek mod. Got to step 6 and there it got really hard for me knowing what to do :S
I went to my.gameservers.com but there is no CONFIG, only a login screen. So i tried to login with some random names (can always try Tongue) but with no succes and cant find anything where i can register. So what do i do next? are these last steps necessary to be able to play this mod? I can enable the mod in the menu btw. But when i join a game its still a normal game Sad

Please help me, i've downloaded black ops for this mod!
Paul.
(01-04-2012, 02:22)Paul Wrote: Hi AZUMIKKEL,

First of all, thank you so much for this tutorial Big Grin But... (as always) I got a little problem playing your mod Sad
I downloaded your hide and seek mod. Got to step 6 and there it got really hard for me knowing what to do :S
I went to my.gameservers.com but there is no CONFIG, only a login screen. So i tried to login with some random names (can always try Tongue) but with no succes and cant find anything where i can register. So what do i do next? are these last steps necessary to be able to play this mod? I can enable the mod in the menu btw. But when i join a game its still a normal game Sad

Please help me, i've downloaded black ops for this mod!
Paul.

You need to buy a server Confused
Howzit. I downloaded my mod of choice, followed your directions and when I join the server it does show title for mod, and those that do not have it it does the install for them, however when I get into the server gameplay is still basic TDM and not the ai mod.
any idea's would be greatly appreciated as ive learned over the past 3 days of trying to get this going that gs isnt going to help with mods.

Ive changed what I thought needed to be changed in the settings, ive also renamed the server name in rcon and everything looks good, just no mod playing yet.

The server is called "Maui Death" if anyone needs to look or see.

Thanks
Bill
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]
(01-06-2012, 02:43)MauiDeath Wrote: Howzit. I downloaded my mod of choice, followed your directions and when I join the server it does show title for mod, and those that do not have it it does the install for them, however when I get into the server gameplay is still basic TDM and not the ai mod.
any idea's would be greatly appreciated as ive learned over the past 3 days of trying to get this going that gs isnt going to help with mods.

Ive changed what I thought needed to be changed in the settings, ive also renamed the server name in rcon and everything looks good, just no mod playing yet.

The server is called "Maui Death" if anyone needs to look or see.

Thanks
Bill
Ok, finally got the mod loaded and working. now everytime I join I get a server disconnect and get booted. Any idea's a way around this.

try a different mod
I got the ai mod .2 from here, tried to over write it with the one file thats in 1.0 and it still plays v.2. I dunno!
Trying to figure out how to get a copy or a setup like they run on the OSK servers, but dont know whom to contact.
Do they have anyone here that does customizations on mods or tweaks for pay?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Tutorial] Loading Mods (With Mod Support 1.09) Gladio 49 69,771 08-15-2011, 09:51
Last Post: Epikkchikken1