Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tutorial Eventmanager
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

http://openwarfare.no-ip.org:88/websvn/?

like it Superman

(08-29-2011, 07:11)beeboy78 Wrote: http://openwarfare.no-ip.org:88/websvn/?

like it Superman

justin Wrote:Got my idea from openwarfare, but made my own version.
(08-10-2011, 12:58)Pozzuh Wrote:
Se7en Wrote:Stealed, from cod4 mod ...
look who's talking

[Release] Old School Mod v2.2
[Release] Scroll menu

Seriously, .............................

That is so much more work then using the code that's ALREADY in the
game.

FYI: IF you used UE, you would know that you can use CTRL+SPACE to see the
functions list. What you did here, was take 1 line of code, and turn it into 300.

Congrats? No. Thanks? No. Rep? No.

This is an example of what happens when CTRL+C is used.

No offense, not trolling here, but seriously, understand what you are doing before
you make a post about it, and if you don't, don't call it a tutorial.

Big Grin
crAyon makes no warranty with respect to documents or other information available from this place, assumes no legal liability or responsibility whatsoever for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any such information, and does not represent that its use would not infringe privately owned rights. crAyon disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.

(08-29-2011, 13:14)deadcrayon Wrote: Seriously, .............................

That is so much more work then using the code that's ALREADY in the
game.

FYI: IF you used UE, you would know that you can use CTRL+SPACE to see the
functions list. What you did here, was take 1 line of code, and turn it into 300.

Congrats? No. Thanks? No. Rep? No.

This is an example of what happens when CTRL+C is used.

No offense, not trolling here, but seriously, understand what you are doing before
you make a post about it, and if you don't, don't call it a tutorial.

Big Grin

Tbh, I think you don't even understand how this works.. Thereby I said I got my idea from OpenWarfare, as i was looking for a way to get rid of all those unnecessary loops that all do the same ( waiting for spawned_player for example ). I did not use CTRL+C because I recoded it, because I thought it was not clear enough for me. With this eventmanage you got all the loops in 1 file which manages all ( so i don't see how I turned it into more code ).

As I saw how this "Eventmanager" could be usefull, I made this tutorial to give others also the insight.

Furthermore, how could I not know what I am doing if I recoded it?

................... Really?

I am not saying you did a bad job, I am saying its redundant.

(08-29-2011, 16:51)deadcrayon Wrote: ................... Really?

I am not saying you did a bad job, I am saying its redundant.

You should be working on a "Scoreboard Columns" tutorial by now Big Grin
(08-10-2011, 12:58)Pozzuh Wrote:
Se7en Wrote:Stealed, from cod4 mod ...
look who's talking

[Release] Old School Mod v2.2
[Release] Scroll menu

Ok, you got me there.

Expect it very soon I have the next three days off.

lol, very nice. @deadcrayon It's not what you were thinking originally :3

(08-28-2011, 17:00)jariz Wrote: I dont exactly get it but thnx Big Grin

If you don't understand what this does, it lets to add function pointers to your own 'event' so you don't need to waste time typing out a whole bunch of lines and it makes your code more neater.

As you can see in the example, in the onPlayerConnected function, those 2 lines of code will actually run 7 functions/subroutines/threads/whatever. Smart eh?

I made a tutorial about this ages ago, you can read about it here - http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Usin...inter.html
[Image: 30xhrep.png]

A casual conversation between barata and I about Nukem.