• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Release] Unbanner

Attached Files
.zip   Unbanner-v1.0.zip (Size: 3.44 KB / Downloads: 22)
.zip   Unbanner-v1.1.zip (Size: 4.17 KB / Downloads: 35)
.zip   Unbanner-v1.2.zip (Size: 4.46 KB / Downloads: 167)
I now host all my MW3 projects on my private GIT repo
useful plugin for the people who don't know where the ban file is. Tongue
This won't remove a tempban/rcon kick, right?
Good job though
(01-11-2013, 18:29)8q4s8 Wrote: useful plugin for the people who don't know where the ban file is. Tongue

I designed it so non server owners can unban clients without needing direct access to the bans file.

(01-11-2013, 18:29)8q4s8 Wrote: This won't remove a tempban/rcon kick, right?

No, temp bans are of course time based there for there is no reason for them to be removed as that would defeat the purpose of having them.
(01-11-2013, 19:31)SirGravzy Wrote: Nice job, maybe you could also add a !banlist command which shows the current banned player and also give each name a number, so instead of using a name then can type !unban 98 and it will unban the 98th player.

Nice job again Smile

That's actually a great idea, I will add that in the next update.
(01-11-2013, 19:31)SirGravzy Wrote: Nice job, maybe you could also add a !banlist command which shows the current banned player and also give each name a number, so instead of using a name then can type !unban 98 and it will unban the 98th player.

Nice job again Smile

Cool idea but how do you want to display 100 names at once? Even 10 at once would be huge and it would still take a lot of time to finish displaying 100. Maybe it is better to display the latest 10 or something like: !banlist <first_character>. This will display all players that are banned with that first character.
(01-11-2013, 21:05)surtek Wrote:

Nice job again Smile

Cool idea but how do you want to display 100 names at once? Even 10 at once would be huge and it would still take a lot of time to finish displaying 100. Maybe it is better to display the latest 10 or something like: !banlist <first_character>. This will display all players that are banned with that first character.

Already thought about that and the requirement will be at least 2 characters, if more then 3 names are matched you will be asked to enter at least another 2 characters to get the results down and keep getting asked until the results are more generalized to the player you're searching for.

Nice job again Smile

I don't always play CoD, but when I do, I like my HUD covered in text.

Anyways, another thing to think about is players who have Russian, Asian, etc names that don't show up correctly on some systems.

EDIT:
For example : (idk who it is, they've connected to my server though). I've never had to ban someone with a name with the characters above which in my opinion is surprising.
(01-11-2013, 21:30)yokai134 Wrote:

Nice job again Smile

I don't always play CoD, but when I do, I like my HUD covered in text.

Anyways, another thing to think about is players who have Russian, Asian, etc names that don't show up correctly on some systems.

Windows servers are usually pretty good with handling characters in UTF-8 so it shouldn't be an issue but for those who like to run their server on linux using wine it may be a bit of an issue since it doesn't come pre-packaged with all the latin1 character sets.
tnx manWink this plugin is realy nice & very useful.
anyway to stop the current ban list= permanent.ban from getting messed up when you ban someone?

It will put xuids on one line instead of a separate line hence they can rejoin untilyou manually edit the ban file.
[Image: b_560_95_1.png]

[Image: b_560_95_1.png]