Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oc or new processor
helo guys sup: i am wondering wat do u think of this ideas
1 idea is to buy a processor cooler so i can overclock my Intel core 2 quad Q9300
or the second idea would be to upgrade a litle bit maybe buy a cheap processor that could gave me a better pc performarce like a cheap and much better amd so cost maybe 150 euro ?? Big Grin. Do i need to change something more if i change the processor? o0r maybe u guys can recommend me a better processor withthis price /150 euros Big Grin
I want ure opinions guys
Thanks Diego

you wont get any good cpu for 150 that is better than Q9300 (or q6600 that you mentioned first in the shoutbox)
i depdends on what kind of cpu cooler you are using.

first of all, every CPU of the SAME MODEL is different and can handle more or less overclock.
normally it shouldnt be a problem to bring both of the posted models above to ~ 3.5 GHz without any problems.

post your mainboard model and the used cpu cooler

my mainboard is this
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum...324212#N50
Asus IPIBL-LB
then the cooler i am gonna buy a new one i thinked of this one Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus but idk if its enought so if u have a better one tell me pls.( cuz the bigger ones coolers are too big for my pc i guess)

212+ evo is a good choice. it can handle alot of OC, its called the best bang for buck.
+1 GHz overlock shouldnt be a problem at all but it takes time.

BUT your mainboard is a OEM, you dont have overclocking features.
The Board is using a HP Bios which is locked, even unlocking wont bring up the features that you need to specify FSB, vcore, nb v and stuff

Could it be good solution to buy new mainboard ? Can u recommend me mainboard ? Not too expensive but with the same size so it can pass my pc case?
Then it would be great right?

well i would buy a z68 chipset mainboard and would wait for 22nm cpus that will be released middle of the year

if you are looking for a board that fits your 775 socket cpu, then get a P5Q whatever from asus. then you can overclock the current cpu without any limits (as long as its stable)

i am trying t find a P5Q asus but i cant this modell are not longer avaiable on stores

ebay, get a used one or upgrade your mainboard and buy a new cpu

wat do u think its more worth to do? overclock it or buy a new mainboard and a new cpu?
how good is the cpu gonna be if i oc it*? can u compare it with a i5 maybe.
lets do so think at the i5 2500 k is 10 of 10 points how could u calificate when the pc is oc compared with a i5?
here is the ebay mainboard is this the modell?
http://viewitem.eim.ebay.se/ASUS-P5Q--De...26033/item

an i5 2500 k can be overclocked to 4.8 GHz on air easily, high end air cooler to 5GHz (only if you are lucky without frying it)
an i7 2600 k 5GHz without any doubts on air easily

the P5Q series are great in stability, features and overclocking.
i still dont know which cpu you are using in your 775 socket. once you mentioned the Q6600 and once the Q9300.
But i have no idea which revision you have of each of them, E0, G0 slacr etc...

but +1GHz can be achieved on them without any big major changes. just a bit vcore, nb core, FSB raise and downclocking your ram.