• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help IWI Header (help again please)
So yes hi people im having a trouble understanding the iwi header, I have one question, how I can know how many MIP maps there are in an IWI file?

I've seen a formula something like this:

MIPmap 1: Full file size

MIPmap 2: Full file size - height * width (next time we call height * width like 'n')

MIPmap 3: Size MIPmap 2- (n/4)

MIPmap 4: Size MIPmap 3 - ((n/4)/4)........

But I dont get the point of this, why do this? Thanks, and I found that formula here: http://www.callofduty.ru/wiki/%D0%A1%D1%...0%BB%D0%B0
No reason to create another topic.
I'd like to add something ontopic as well here but I can't because I don't know anything about this.
(07-20-2012, 22:51)JariZ Wrote: No reason to create another topic.
I'd like to add something ontopic as well here but I can't because I don't know anything about this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mipmap
I once worked with this and from what I remember the amount of maps is an unsigned integer (32 bit) in the header followed by a list of the offsets and sizes.
(07-20-2012, 22:58)SuperNovaAO Wrote: I once worked with this and from what I remember the amount of maps is an unsigned integer (32 bit) in the header followed by a list of the offsets and sizes.

this is some real strange bullshit, damn iw!
This is a very normal way of doing it. Just open up an IWI in a hex editor and see for yourself if they do it. And again: if they don't do it like this it is very strange because this is the standard.
(07-20-2012, 23:01)SuperNovaAO Wrote: This is a very normal way of doing it. Just open up an IWI in a hex editor and see for yourself if they do it. And again: if they don't do it like this it is very strange because this is the standard.

Well in reality I dont understand much of this, but if I found a way of modifying size and resolution/dds format, why i cant do this, lol? mipmaps Fuu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help IWI Header kokole 3 2,842 07-20-2012, 08:42
Last Post: kokole
  ItsMods (mini) header IMTHEBOSSS 19 9,029 01-24-2011, 15:47
Last Post: IMTHEBOSSS
  [Release] ItsMODS Xmass Header [MPGH]House 7 3,233 12-24-2010, 00:58
Last Post: Cgallagher
  [GFX] its mods header d0h! 3 3,080 11-07-2010, 02:20
Last Post: Cgallagher