60.00%
No
40.00%
5 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Help Damaged Portable HDD
OK so here is the background story

I was at school. i nearly drooped my hard drive, but i caught it by the cable, as i caught it i tried to fling it up into my hands, as i did that, the cord came out, so the stupid piece of crap went flying across the floor and landed on the tiles.

Now the next part

I got home and immediately plugged it into my PC, it worked fine, but i tried to back it up just in case the hard drive messed up, and the speeds of transfer were atrocious, 200kb/s at most, i wasn't waiting for 500gb to transfer at that speed, after a bit of researching, all i could find was NOTHING.

So, i need help on how i could possibly fix it, oh and a side note, when i plug it in now, it makes a three beep monotone sound, which I'm sure isn't very good. I'm a computer genious, but i have never had a Portable HDD stuff up on me before. i can build a computer from scratch in under 5 minutes, but i can't fix A STUPID FRIGGIN HARD DRIVE

{rage over}

OK, so any help is wonderful, as i have ALL of my school work, videos, games, MY MODS IN PROGRESS Sad and other data i want/need
[Image: 6vFJ9.png]

All i have to say is.....

lol

You could contact firm called kroll ontrack and ask if they could back it up @ fix it.
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]
I agree with @OrangePL , It might be a better idea to call some kind of company that's specialized in rescuing data from damaged HDD's
get a new hdd Big Grin they are cheap HDD nowdays

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow [Release] Portable C# Compiler ( aka PluginMaker ) Nekochan 10 10,633 03-31-2013, 15:19
Last Post: Nekochan
  [Tutorial] [GAME]Critical Strike Portable 1.97g [2.0+, Online, 3D, +iOS] hussi 9 11,358 05-28-2012, 20:35
Last Post: hussi