Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genaral question about mods for black ops pc
Hi Guys,

Basically im new on here haven't had a chance to look around on all the threads but i have a general question regarding modding the pc version of black ops.
I recently bought a copy of black ops on the pc and also opened up an account on (steam), but im new to this modding business, not sure how to make any changes to the game through mods, can someone please provide a bit of assistance?
Basically i would like to add weaps and perks etc to the solo gameplay on the zombies, i've looked around on the web for mod tuts and most of them advise on using the config.cfg file where you bind keys to you keyboard for any cheats like god mode, speed boost, weaps etc for e.g (bind F5 "god"), i've tried doing this and then tried using this in the game but nothing works, so i'm unsure what i'm doing wrong. (would the mods/cheats also work when i have a gamepad enabled? im using the xbox emulator to play with my pc gamepad and the controls work fine just asking whether the adboce would work with the pad since the keys are bound on the keyboard).
I heard that steam used to have a mod tool beta on their website but i cant find that there anymore so it may have been removed.
Is there any other way (preferably a step by step tut) that can help with doing this?
Also regarding this game i cant seem to play multiplayer game online i keep getting the message server is not available at this time and its the same with the zombies multiplayer even though im logged in on steam when trying to play.
Is there a problem with multiplayer not working? or is it just not available on the pc version of this game?
Can someone please help me with this?

Welcome @Askanison

The cheat commands only work if you have sv_cheats set to 1 I think. For real mods, read this:

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Tuto...nners.html
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Tuto...-1-09.html

(06-12-2012, 01:29)SuperNovaAO Wrote: Welcome @Askanison

The cheat commands only work if you have sv_cheats set to 1 I think. For real mods, read this:

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Tuto...nners.html
http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Tuto...-1-09.html

Hi SuperNovaAO thanks for the welcome Wink
Regarding sv_cheats is this in the config file? if so i can try setting it to 1 and then will check if the mods will work.
I'll have a read of the threads you have provided when i have a free moment.

Yes, config_mp.cfg should be it I think.

(06-12-2012, 01:37)SuperNovaAO Wrote: Yes, config_mp.cfg should be it I think.

Isn't config_mp.cfg a seperate file?
In my black ops folder, in the players folder i only have the config.cfg file

Play MP once and it should be generated
[Image: lQDUjba.jpg]

(06-12-2012, 06:19)OrangePL Wrote: Play MP once and it should be generated

the problem is i cant log onto the mp server it keeps saying unable to connect to server error msg

config.cfg is used for SP (Campagin/Zombies) and config_mp.cfg for Multiplayer. As far as I know modding is only possible in Multiplayer. There are official mod tools, you can download it under the section 'Tools' in steam.
[Image: azuw.jpg]

(06-12-2012, 07:51)zxz0O0 Wrote: config.cfg is used for SP (Campagin/Zombies) and config_mp.cfg for Multiplayer. As far as I know modding is only possible in Multiplayer. There are official mod tools, you can download it under the section 'Tools' in steam.

As far as i know isnt modding in mp bannable? i was just hoping to use the mods in the sp section of the game only anyway.
As for the mod tools in steam, this is not there in the library section under tools as you can see in the screen shot attached.
Any ideas why?

I think you need to own Black Ops in order to download the mod tools.
[Image: azuw.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Black Ops 2 Custom background? jotape99 10 11,689 10-29-2013, 07:22
Last Post: xInfinity.
Question Help Mw2 weapon skin question FroxIVx4 1 2,772 10-13-2013, 16:54
Last Post: hmann
  Black ops Help Bluexephos 4 4,933 10-06-2013, 16:24
Last Post: Nekochan
Rainbow please help me = question's clacki 1 2,192 09-24-2013, 15:22
Last Post: OzonE
  Vehicle mods! Erik The Born 1 3,125 09-05-2013, 10:55
Last Post: The_Reaper_1
  [Request] Might be a silly question... regarding SetPlayerData camxxcore 4 3,626 08-10-2013, 21:50
Last Post: camxxcore
  [Release] Black Ops 1 "External" Console barata 16 18,192 07-19-2013, 21:15
Last Post: Jakeyellis
  Help mods meetingplum 6 5,448 07-16-2013, 12:11
Last Post: surtek
Wink All MW3 Mod Menus & Mods $pacebound 34 196,261 07-15-2013, 19:08
Last Post: monokiller88
  [Release] Black Ops FF Explorer master131 37 38,465 07-11-2013, 04:07
Last Post: Jake625