ItsMods

Full Version: Overclocking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just bought a 4770k, already got a 3770k, got my 3770k @4.5GHz no problems, when overclocking the 4770k anything over 4.2GHz overheats it like hell. both got h80i coolers. as far as i can see if you want to overclock, buying socket 1150 is a waste..

i really should have checked this out before i bought it Undecided

have any of you guys bought a 4770 yet, what do you think of it?
What about to check power management in BIOS? ( if it exists, i'd recommend you to buy GB H77-DS3h, it's cheap L1150 socket motherboard- around 80-100$ ), perfectly works overclocked @my hackintosh.
y even overclock?
(08-26-2013, 13:22)CJGreenLabel Wrote: [ -> ]I just bought a 4770k, already got a 3770k, got my 3770k @4.5GHz no problems, when overclocking the 4770k anything over 4.2GHz overheats it like hell. both got h80i coolers. as far as i can see if you want to overclock, buying socket 1150 is a waste..

i really should have checked this out before i bought it Undecided

have any of you guys bought a 4770 yet, what do you think of it?

The 3770K is fully enough for everything , you don't need the Haswell (negatives: price, heating like Charmander, more powerdraw and there is only a small diff. in performance).

Just trash it.
Raz, learn to read...he already bought the other CPU, telling him that his old one is good enough doesnt help in any way...

stupid kids nowadays
Just put some water cooling system or put a cup of water on to the motherboard

Sent from my SonyX8 using Tapatalk 2
(09-01-2013, 18:40)Bandarigoda123 Wrote: [ -> ]Just put some water cooling system or put a cup of water on to the motherboard

Sent from my SonyX8 using Tapatalk 2

He have got Corsair H80i on both cpus, so only the cup of water left.
Ahh got it stable at 4.0Ghz now, happy Big Grin