ItsMods

Full Version: HardScope Revenge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Different from the other ones, this one:
  • Scales Damage by the length of the Hard Scope - So the longer you scope, the less damage you do!
  • If you're shot by a HardScoper, you take no damage, instead you get the frag.

I don't have a server to test this on, and my ISP cap means I can't download the dedi files to test this, so it would be great if someone could test this out.

Here's some sv_config settings, the LowerLimit is a grace period before any damage is effected (meaning, within 500ms there are no effects). The UpperLimit is the point at which the frag is given to the victim instead of the attacker.

Quote:[hsRevenge]
LowerLimit=500
UpperLimit=3000

Let me know how it goes![/quote]

Edit: Removed Automatically de-scopes some extreme Hard Scopers. [REMOVED] No point in it.
interesting , good job.
No problems! I assume since there's no complaint msgs everything works?
i tested it works but no descope when i hardscope for a long time :/
I just tested it but it didn't work.
I don't know what's wrong here
Personally I am glad it doesn't work. This completely ruins the usage of a Sniper Rifle. Also CoD always tries to tell everyone how they are all about realism. Please, explain to me how quickscoping is in any way realistic or fun.

PS: Try to quickscope in real life once. Then go to the doctor because you either shot yourself or hit your eye really hard with the scope. (and whatever happened, and a bad thing WILL happen: you deserve it)
(08-19-2013, 17:01)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I am glad it doesn't work. This completely ruins the usage of a Sniper Rifle. Also CoD always tries to tell everyone how they are all about realism. Please, explain to me how quickscoping is in any way realistic or fun.

PS: Try to quickscope in real life once. Then go to the doctor because you either shot yourself or hit your eye really hard with the scope. (and whatever happened, and a bad thing WILL happen: you deserve it)

*children attack begins*
(08-19-2013, 17:01)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]PS: Try to quickscope in real life once. Then go to the doctor because you either shot yourself or hit your eye really hard with the scope. (and whatever happened, and a bad thing WILL happen: you deserve it)

I tried to QS with my B2 rifle once and I can tell its impossible, because it takes a few seconds to align your angle of view with scope and distance yourself at right focus length to even be able to see anything thru it ... so yeah. For fun's sake I did few shots while pretending to QS Cool.
Other than that, "omg fuckin hardscope nOObz" is just another thing 12 year olds blame their reason of dying and lack of skill on.
Can i just say, I made this in like 5 minutes as a response to a request.

The damage scaler still works as far as I can tell, and i assume it still awards frags to the victim at a certain threshold! It just doesn't descope people.

My personal opinion is that I don't care too much about if it's a hard scope or a quickscope. I find that my scoping becomes quicker the more I get used to where the scope will land, that has a lot to do with the server and latency, so early in the game, I so tend to hardscope (no point in rushing yourself.. get the frag first).