ItsMods

Full Version: That feel ()
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There are some days when I am just bored or want to take a break from working and so I start opening different sites and seeing what updates were there. I open mail, check YouTube, go to some forums and read new posts and then it is turn of ItsMods. I open it up and what do I see. Last two posts were yesterday. None of them are serious. Most of them are by 10postfags. Second last post is by me yesterday's morning. There are 8 people online - bots, me and some of 10postfags. While other forums I've been visiting before that had like 8000 peeps online. I start to miss the society that we used to be and I feel like... () Y U NO ACTIVE ANYMOAR
You could say that the gaming community is the one who made itsmods dead but it's basically the consumers who bought consoles which don't have any kind of modsupport. More consumers on consoles = more money for console game developments = less money for pc games = less or no money for modtools.

No modtools means no people that are making mods. It's the extinction of modlovers and the dead of itsmods.

Farewell itsmods, you were a nice place to be.
(07-01-2013, 14:16)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]You could say that the gaming community is the one who made itsmods dead but it's basically the consumers who bought consoles which don't have any kind of modsupport. More consumers on consoles = more money for console game developments = less money for pc games = less or no money for modtools.

No modtools means no people that are making mods. It's the extinction of modlovers and the dead of itsmods.

Thankyou for last line, but I think the main reason for itsmods death was poor administration (no offense). We have an admin that doesn't care about website. We have moderators that do not really moderate, overuse their abilities, use their status as a reason to trust them. Besides of that, every website requires flexibility. And well ItsMods is the least flexible website I've ever known.
"Nova, let's add some other games to website so that it can draw attention to it!
No fuck you we are COD only modding only!"
Then why the fuck do we have Battlefield, Minecraft, Skyrim? Yes, they are half dead, but COD sections are half dead too. If we do some plugin or mod, we cannot just give it away. Or require registration. People will just register, download and go away and never come back. And thats where our "thousands of members" come from. It would be not more than a 100 active users, with only 15 actually contributing shit. Not 60000. We could sell stuff or even do subscribtions like NTA does. Yes, that would kinda suck and make us greedy fat bitches. But that will keep people. But I guess honour is more important than staying alive. For you maybe. For Nova nothing is important, he lives in his own world up on Olympus, rarely coming down to us mortals just to say "Oh yes I care, oh yes I do effort and shit, brb in another month or so".

Also "no modtools = no mods" is bullshit. MW3, BO2, BF3 are just some examples of games that do not have modtools but have mods
Let's make it a full-time minecraft board

I am not a big modder (or even) or anything like it, but I agree with Arteq.

its the same procedure as every year...one game slowly "dies", the modding technical capabilities in mw3 and bo2 are kinda fully exploited (not sure if its the right word) when playing on steam and you are all waiting for the new CoD:Ghosts....

it was the same when mw2 died, when bo died, etc...less activity, the spam raised, but itsmods is still there and will be active again when a guy like Nukem or whoever it is will find a way to "mod" in Ghosts...
(07-02-2013, 07:48)xfxtroll Wrote: [ -> ]its the same procedure as every year...one game slowly "dies", the modding technical capabilities in mw3 and bo2 are kinda fully exploited (not sure if its the right word) when playing on steam and you are all waiting for the new CoD:Ghosts....

it was the same when mw2 died, when bo died, etc...less activity, the spam raised, but itsmods is still there and will be active again when a guy like Nukem or whoever it is will find a way to "mod" in Ghosts...

not really, no. How many members did BO1 modloader bring to the website? 20000 minimum. And how many members did MW3 addon bring to the website? Idk about that, but I am sure less than 20000 without a doubt.

According to you, itsmods popularity goes up when new game is released and down when there is new game coming soon. But it's not like that. Itsmods was small and unpopular, then there is a huge fucking increase in popularity with modloader release and then it starts to decrease day after day. People still come, but less and less as time goes. There will be some point when nobody will be actually coming IMO
>The most users online at one time was 275 on 02-05-2011 at 20:19

(07-01-2013, 14:16)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]You could say that the gaming community is the one who made itsmods dead but it's basically the consumers who bought consoles which don't have any kind of modsupport. More consumers on consoles = more money for console game developments = less money for pc games = less or no money for modtools.

This is completely wrong. There are a lot of games that still support mods. The actual problem is that people who want mods don't buy games with mod support. As I said, there are enough games to mod, but no one here mods these games, because they're too lazy to learn or just don't want to try a new game. There have always been consoles that don't support modding, but that hasn't stopped modding on PC in the past. The popular games just happened to support modding on PC. There are a lot of indie games that support modding, does anyone here care? No. Why not? I don't fucking know.

And I also agree, poor administration.

we have @Nukem
(07-02-2013, 22:19)SailorMoon Wrote: [ -> ]

we have @Nukem

We also have @AZUMIKKEL @barata @SirGravzy @kokole @sailormoon @JariZ now what?
Pages: 1 2