ItsMods

Full Version: How to change text messages in MP (.ff edit)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.
I know it's been said many times that you can't edit .ff files in MW3 and I guess my problem is fastfile related, but I'll describe it anyway (pretty simple, hope you can help me).
So I basically need to change text messages in MP (iw5) as if I was playing with a custom language version of the game.
Stupid example: "Prone blocked" becomes "You can't stand in this position" or st like that. I don't even know if this is possible...

Why am I asking this? hehe.. Awesome Thx for any reply.
I don't think if it is possible.
Or, you can just hex fastfile and replace chars.
(05-02-2013, 14:45)SailorMoon Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think if it is possible.
Or, you can just hex fastfile and replace chars.

It's just impossible to do it that way..
You can't edit the texts but what you can do like in your example is putting a new textline above it with the addon in your custom language.
(05-02-2013, 19:24)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]You can't edit the texts but what you can do like in your example is putting a new textline above it with the addon in your custom language.

I don't think if this guy wants to use addon.
(05-02-2013, 19:24)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]You can't edit the texts but what you can do like in your example is putting a new textline above it with the addon in your custom language.

That wouldn't be possible for a lot of the messages.