ItsMods

Full Version: Steam Achievement Manager 6.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS! You use this and any other program you download from the internet at your own risk.
VAC STATUS: UNKNOWN

Steam Achievement Manager 6.1

[Image: sam50.png]
Created by Rick (gibbed on SA, rck on FP)

Supported Games (this works with summer achievements!)

This tool can support any game that has achievements on Steam, even if it is not listed directly in the dropdown box. Simply type its ID into the editable dropdown box text and refresh.

What's new?
Quote:Changes:

* Fixed issue with recent Steam update where Picker would claim Steam was not running.
* Fixed issue where adding a game manually did not work properly.
* Overhauled how SAM obtains achievement and stat info, now parses the UserGameStatsSchema files found under the Steam directory.
* The previous entry means that the bugs where stats or achievements were duplicated or missing should now be fixed.
* Now has a display for stats that indicates if it is increment only or not.

Instructions
  • 1. Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 if you do not already have it installed.
  • 2. Download Steam Achievement Manager 6.1.
  • 3. Extract it to a directory that is convenient to you, but not your Steam directory. It's a ZIP file, if you don't know how to extract a ZIP file then you probably shouldn't be trying to use this tool.
  • 4. Run Steam if it is not already running.
  • 5. Exit any active VAC protected games if any are running. While this tool does not directly interact with any game itself, it is better safe than sorry.
  • 6. Run SAM.Picker.exe and do whatever you want in it.
Frequently Asked Questions

SERVERSIDE ACHIEVEMENTS? WUT?

That's right. Steam now has the capability to secure achievements from being managed. Naturally this means you can't unlock them. Good for them. Smile

Will I get banned for using this?
Improbable.

My achievements were reset!
Use the tool again? (Valve hasn't reset achievements since the original medic pack release)

The Announcer (hurr) took away my unlocked weapons!
OH NOES (I don't care).

Spacewar?
It's a sample game to demonstrate SteamWorks API to developers.

CHEATING! HACKING! EARN IT OMG! PLAY ON ACHIEVEMENT MAPS! YOU SUCK! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHH!
That wasn't a question.

Troubleshooting

Some games show IDs instead of names for achievements such as TF_KILL_NEMESIS

You're probably talking about Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, and Team Fortress 2. These games had achievements before the system for achievements was really nailed down in a standard way, so some achievements do not get translated text from Steam, they get the IDs instead. This is a bug in Steam that simply hasn't been fixed because it's such a low issue that doesn't occur normally.

'generic error' (error #2)
You don't own the game or the game does not have achievements. If you or it really does, restart Steam and see if the issue clears up.

Access Violation! BUH?!
Check your Antivir.

I WAS VAC BANNED
Dumbass.
nice 1
works perfect. tested it with my banned account first:

http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2205/baaak.png
This tool helped me with my TF2 weapons since 2008.
This doesn't affect VAC (unless you load up a game with it, idunolol)
But most likely if anyone reports you / Steam detects it

Account disabled
not just VAC banned
Disabled. Permanently. No video games.
Will this get me banned? :O
no, but dont do it like i did (see the screenshot, it was only for testing)
just unlock a few achievements every day, not all at once for all your games Wink

then you will be safe
lol its so nice Big Grin
I unlocked all achievements for every game on my legit account at once as well. Nobody cared. Games still work, account not disabled, not VAC banned.
(01-27-2011, 14:12)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]I unlocked all achievements for every game on my legit account at once as well. Nobody cared. Games still work, account not disabled, not VAC banned.
U will be banned very soon Big Grin
Pages: 1 2