ItsMods

Full Version: Parkour Gametype
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, you ever noticed how everyone likes Highjump and Speed servers? Yeah I did too. People like troll servers. This would be the biggest troll yet.

Basically my idea is for everyone to start out similar to the Lambda Core zombie plugin. (link: http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...-BETA.html)

Survivors start out with a decent gun. Nothing very powerful. Zombies are regulars basically but possibly progress as the round increases in time. What my idea is, is for the Shop to kind of kick in.

There would be increased jump height possibly and speed. For each time they Jump they get +10 points. For 10 feet they Run they get +10 points. It could also work like the Gun Game. Maybe after you earn 50 points you get a better weapon and you can customize the gun order. Start with Skorpion, 50 points for Shotgun, 50 points for Barrett .50cal...etc. Kills could even count as points too. Basically this would be an ANTI-CAMP gamemode. It would not PUNISH for camping, but you would SUCK if you did camp.
You can only calculate if somebody would jump / walk by looking at the differences between the coordinates, which wouldn't really be reliable
I like the idea though
Is this even possible with current addon?

If not, I doubt it'll ever be looking at amount of interest @Cyanide puts into development as of now.
The ClientInfo struct knows if you jump.
(06-25-2012, 19:37)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]The ClientInfo struct knows if you jump.

This or (@JariZ) you could check z-Velocity I think.

Movement is very easy just look at my AntiCamp Plugin.
(06-25-2012, 19:37)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]The ClientInfo struct knows if you jump.

There is a ClientInfo struct? :O

Edit:

Atm Velocity.Z is just a copy of Velocity.Y and Velocity.Z can not determine if jumped or not(going upstairs and so on)
ClientInfo is a struct on clients side, no idea if it's on the server too, but should be
I could not find it in the API.
Obviously the server has it. That's where stuff like the currently equipped weapon comes from and the playername (and killstreaks and everything related to the player that is unrelated to a generic Entity)
Once the update comes I feel like we could develop it using xuids Big Grin
Pages: 1 2