ItsMods

Full Version: Kick players with no name/all ext ascii
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We've been seeing players with no name or all extended ascii characters lately and a large majority of these players have been cheaters, trying to avoid being able to be kicked. Is it possible to make a plugin to kick players with these names?
in csharp you can check if a name contains only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and '!@#$%^&*()[]{}' and kick if it contains anything not in that range.

but i really have no time to make a plugin for it
they see me cheatin'
they hatin'
I use no name all the time, but i'm not cheating.

therefore it's prejudicing
therefore it's racist
therefore i'm offended
therefore i'm going to sue you
edit: therefore therefore
(04-05-2012, 12:33)JariZ Wrote: [ -> ]I use no name all the time, but i'm not cheating.

In my experience, on my servers, most people using names like this are trying to avoid a kick or ban because they are using a cheat, thus the request for a plugin from the amazingly knowledgeable programmers here. Smile

Good idea. Already made something but need to test first when I am at home.
why use name when you can easily kick using ID?

/banclient X
/kickclient X
(04-07-2012, 23:43)carcdm Wrote: [ -> ]why use name when you can easily kick using ID?

/banclient X
/kickclient X

I do use that, but I believe that some cheaters that use noname or all extended ascii think that you can't kick them without using the name, which is part of the reason I wanted this plugin.

A plugin has been made: http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...-Name.html
(04-07-2012, 23:43)carcdm Wrote: [ -> ]why use name when you can easily kick using ID?

/banclient X
/kickclient X

exactly what Gross said. It's pretty annoying it took me a good couple of minutes until I figure out how to get rid of the player *the player was hacking so I needed to get rid of him A.S.A.P.*. This will eliminate the problem Smile