ItsMods

Full Version: My first game base in C# XNA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Outdated, delete it if you can.
Pretty cool
yeah good idea and well done. keep on, i want to see more
Good job for a begin, Tongue

If you're going to be serious about making games, I'd suggest you move to an engine of some sort. (Cryengine 3, source and udk are the most popular ones right now)
However, if you want to make a game from scratch just for the coding experience, then continue :p
(03-15-2012, 19:37)Rendflex Wrote: [ -> ]If you're going to be serious about making games, I'd suggest you move to an engine of some sort. (Cryengine 3, source and udk are the most popular ones right now)
However, if you want to make a game from scratch just for the coding experience, then continue :p

This is the worst advice ever. You can't make an unreal engine game in your own. XNA is great for 1-person dev-teams. I'd recommend 2d games or cartoon style 3d. You can't just start making unreal games, you need loads of awesome looking mods, which can take years with 1 person.
(03-15-2012, 20:21)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2012, 19:37)Rendflex Wrote: [ -> ]If you're going to be serious about making games, I'd suggest you move to an engine of some sort. (Cryengine 3, source and udk are the most popular ones right now)

This is the worst advice ever. You can't make an unreal engine game in your own. XNA is great for 1-person dev-teams. I'd recommend 2d games or cartoon style 3d. You can't just start making unreal games, you need loads of awesome looking mods, which can take years with 1 person.

Hey hey, I never said that I recommended those engines, I just said that those are the most popular ones!
(03-15-2012, 20:23)Rendflex Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2012, 20:21)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]

Hey hey, I never said that I recommended those engines, I just said that those are the most popular ones!

@Pozzuh
Quote:If you're going to be serious about making games , I'd suggest you move to an engine of some sort.
Serious game development involves moar than just 1 person like >20 people. And with >20 people you can easily use engines.

@Rendflex
Quote:Hey hey, I never said that I recommended those engines, I just said that those are the most popular ones!
I am waiting for new CS release as together with it VALVe will update their source engine. I'm da member of beta test and gfx in it is really very nice. And if Gabe will not be a bitch lazy and release HL:EP3 i guess engine will have even MOAAAAR updates (i mean gfx and events/functions).
I recommend doing your own engine
(03-15-2012, 20:47)G-Man Wrote: [ -> ]@Pozzuh
Quote:If you're going to be serious about making games , I'd suggest you move to an engine of some sort.
Serious game development involves moar than just 1 person like >20 people. And with >20 people you can easily use engines.

Yes because indie developers are totally not serious about their game.
Pages: 1 2 3