ItsMods

Full Version: Rank Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings,

i was thinking and came to an idea, is it possible to create Rank plugin, independent from server, which will work basically the same as MW3 Ranking system, but information will be gathered from every server and stored in one MYSQL database?

I'm willing to host database because i'm owner of one hosting company.

Thank you.
Hope you understand me. Smile
(02-28-2012, 17:53)Cyga Wrote: [ -> ]Greetings,

i was thinking and came to an idea, is it possible to create Rank plugin, independent from server, which will work basically the same as MW3 Ranking system, but information will be gathered from every server and stored in one MYSQL database?

I'm willing to host database because i'm owner of one hosting company.

Thank you.
Hope you understand me. Smile

I think this is possible but not sure if this is possible with a plugin (I don't think so). We have seen sites for mw3 which show you a list of players in a server + the amount of kills of the players. You could easily combine a program with a database to send an amount of points( if a player kills someone) to the MYSQL datbase.

Than the same program can cache this rank by downloading it via the database. (to secure this, just can make a php page which gets this info).

With this saved info you could do several things. Like timed messages which show the highest rank on the server. But my conclusion is that you need either: a modified version of the addon + a plugin if necessary OR a new program.
Well there would have to be an plugin on server which can constantly show your LVL, xp Bar, experience, etc, etc...
But yes addon will have to be modified, and we would need some strong php script to protect sql server from flooding.

I think i can help, as much as i can. I'm not that good at coding but i can suggest something Smile and i think this would attract a lot players to dedicated servers. Correct me if i'm wrong.
Well yes, you could save this on a MYSQL database, but isn't it better to save this in a file located on a computer? It's more secure, faster and easier to program.

I don't see any advantages in using MYSQL however it is possible.
Well, we could create our own stats web page if we use SQL. I'm quite sure reading from sql database is much faster and easier than from file.
And i came to one more idea, create plugin that will unlock weapons, perks, attachments, camos, etc etc on dedis as you progress with levels. Do you think that is possible?
(02-29-2012, 16:52)Cyga Wrote: [ -> ]Well, we could create our own stats web page if we use SQL. I'm quite sure reading from sql database is much faster and easier than from file.
And i came to one more idea, create plugin that will unlock weapons, perks, attachments, camos, etc etc on dedis as you progress with levels. Do you think that is possible?

Yes, you could make an online webpage to check these stats which is quite nice.

About the perks/weapons/attachments etc unlocks: I don't think this is possible. You can't give someone some specific perks/weapons/attachments if he has a specific name/xuid (atleast that is what I think).
Well with proper logging of server i think it could be possible. I can't see why unlocking weap;perks;att would be problem. Simple plugin hoked to database. But i think plugin would use alot of resources, and when i say a lot i mean it.
To process such number of information plugin will probably abuse CPU, which means this whole "thing" would have to be from few parts.