ItsMods

Full Version: Making a C# autoupdater the way microsoft wants you to do it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everyone's creating their own crappy updaters while microsoft provides a awesome installer and autoupdater right of out of the box!
WARNING: I assume you got a webserver (lol)

So, go to your visual C# and click Build > Publish

[Image: IDNZ0T1hiH.png]

You will get this screen, continue...
[Image: I4SQhltSJh.png]

In this screen, select 'From a website', fill in your own website and the directory you're going to place your files in and click Finish
[Image: PAtcq3s0w4.png]

When it's done building, browse to your project directory and go to the publish folder.
Upload all files in that folder to your web directory.
and Make users download setup.exe

Now every time you release a update, just publish it again and upload all files to your directory again, the program will autoupdate Awesome

Screens of the installer: (i apologize for the dutch crap, really gotta install english windows)
[Image: xy5QKJwvEJ.png]

[Image: KeX9MAztNr.png]

edit: Screens provided by ScreenCap
good to know ty
Thank you. Did not know about this.
VC++, y u no have this function ?
because c# = god
(02-01-2012, 21:51)jariz Wrote: [ -> ]because c# = god

Nope and VC++ should have this as a wizard in Visual Studio. A feature like this existed already in Visual Basic 6 from 1998. But then it exported to update files on a floppy disk that would update your app on insertion. So I guess Visual Studio can add some library to your VC++ project as well somehow.
Hint
This is really nice, didn't know about this feature, thanks

Offtopic: Respect for the FuckBrein name (assuming it's about the dutch copyright-watchdog), I agree
@bonemind hehe, yep it was Tongue
Awesome feature that I never knew about lol, Thanks for sharing.