ItsMods

Full Version: running third server via different folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi there,

I'm currently running 2 ranked sniper servers with the mod nukem made and would like to run 1 more unranked all weapons server.

Now i copied the whole MW3 folder and changed all settings, put ranked on 0 in sv_config, set new ports etc.

But when i try to connect to this new server i keeps on saying: Unable to connect to host.

I tried launching it from the folder the other servers are running from, and then it's working.

So the error has something to do with launching the server from the second folder.

Does anyone has the same error and/or does somebody has a solution?

With kind regards,
Snowy Leopard
are you sure you copied the WHOLE mw3 folder?
(01-30-2012, 23:04)kokole Wrote: [ -> ]are you sure you copied the WHOLE mw3 folder?

Yes
tried to launch the server with the other 2 shutdown, now i can connect to the server.
When i launch a sniper server while i have the all weapons server running i can't connect to the sniper server.

Seems to be a bug in MW3 :/
(01-31-2012, 11:27)Snowy Leopard Wrote: [ -> ]tried to launch the server with the other 2 shutdown, now i can connect to the server.
When i launch a sniper server while i have the all weapons server running i can't connect to the sniper server.

i would say... check your ports...
(01-31-2012, 16:09)miramar Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-31-2012, 11:27)Snowy Leopard Wrote: [ -> ]tried to launch the server with the other 2 shutdown, now i can connect to the server.

i would say... check your ports...

i checked the ports, they are fine and different from the other servers, and yes i opened the ports
then use other ports in your 3rd server, I think the port is already in use
(02-01-2012, 01:36)kokole Wrote: [ -> ]then use other ports in your 3rd server, I think the port is already in use

(01-30-2012, 21:35)Snowy Leopard Wrote: [ -> ]Now i copied the whole MW3 folder and changed all settings, put ranked on 0 in sv_config, set new ports etc.

Any idea if changing net_ip has done anything?
Have you tried copying all files over (without the unranked/weapons edits) and running that?
I re-downloaded all files and it worked. Don't know why....

Thanks Smile