ItsMods

Full Version: Dedicated Server - not responding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

i have a weird problem with my dedicated Server since yesterday.
First a Info on my setup:

I have Steam and MW3 installed on my Pc. On that i have also a virtual machine with xp sp3 and downloaded mw3 dedicated server with hldsupdatetool on that vm.

Everything worked wonderfull until yesterday.
I can't find my Server anymore in the LAN Servers List (it was listed before yesterday).
But i still can find my Server in Internet Servers List (wtf o.o).
I didn't change anything and i also turned off my Software Firewall and Router firewall, but didn't help.

Its very weird that it worked before and now, without changes, it doesn't.

MW3 Server is uptodate.

I hope somebody has any idea what could cause this.

EDIT:
I can't connect to the Server even though it's listed in Internet Servers List.
Add the server to favourites, why do you need lan anyway?
(01-17-2012, 16:51)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]Add the server to favourites, why do you need lan anyway?

How can he add the server to his favourites if he can't see it in his list?
(01-17-2012, 16:52)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2012, 16:51)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]Add the server to favourites, why do you need lan anyway?

Dodgy :
(01-17-2012, 16:49)Deviler86 Wrote: [ -> ]But i still can find my Server in Internet Servers List (wtf o.o).

(01-17-2012, 16:52)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]

Dodgy :
(01-17-2012, 16:49)Deviler86 Wrote: [ -> ]But i still can find my Server in Internet Servers List (wtf o.o).

Soz, can't read Sad
(01-17-2012, 16:53)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2012, 16:52)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]

Dodgy :

Soz, can't read Sad

Sorry, i forgot to mention:
Even though i can see my Server in Internet List and it's responding, i CAN'T connect to it.
Another weird thing :/
Are you sure you didn't change anything?
(01-17-2012, 17:01)surtek Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you didn't change anything?

yep. its really strange.
The only thing i "changed" was a Plugin that i'm working on and added Pozzuh's Permission Plugin.
But to be sure that nothing of that is the cause, i removed them again and also started the Server without the addon.
I think i know what the problem was:

After testing alot of VM-Properties, Ethernet-Adapter-Settings, Network-Settings and Firewall settings i came to the conclusion that Windows 7 OS (running on my host pc) was causing the problem.
Under Network-Settings my Virtual-Host-Only Network was shown as "unidentified network" with the setting "public network".
Since i couldn't change that setting through "network and sharing center" i had to do a workaround and finally got it to set as "work network".

Now i can finally find my Server in the LAN-list again and connect through LAN and Internet.

The only thing is, that i still don't know why it worked before but nevermind.
The Thread can be closed now.

Thank you guys for your helping attempts Wink
I am happy that the problem is solved. Topic closed.