ItsMods

Full Version: itsmods joining J18 SOPA blackout?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well I was wondering,
Huge sites such as reddit, google, wikipedia etc will be blacking out (aka putting their sites offline) will be offline tomorrow,
The reason for all this is, (offcourse) making people aware of SOPA.
Will itsmods join this movement? I hope we do....
95% of the people on itsmods don't even understand what SOPA is, nor do they want to know. Blacking out itsmods will only make mebers angry and say 'omg superhax0rsznova ur s0 bad kid u kant c0de like fuk3 urrrrr site crasshz'
then just put in all pages [Image: no-sopa.jpg]
I don't really care, they won't censore the Internet. This simply won't pass.
Well, last time nova censored the logo, so apparently he does care.
for people who dont know what sopa is, its stop online piracy act, which mena,s that private companies can simply block a website for what ever reason they want, im pretty sure thats what it means, if i said something wrong please tell me.
This simply won't pass, it would be total anarchy if it would. Let's say site named X gets closed for cracking program of site named Y. Owner of site X simply makes new program (paid), registers at site Y using proxy, posts a working crack for his program, and then requests closing of website Y for breaking EULA.

(01-17-2012, 16:23)OrangePL Wrote: [ -> ]This simply won't pass, it would be total anarchy if it would. Let's say site named X gets closed for cracking program of site named Y. Owner of site X simply makes new program (paid), registers at site Y using proxy, posts a working crack for his program, and then requests closing of website Y for breaking EULA.

Any internet-using person would understand it. The problem is, the people who are deciding about SOPA don't even use the internet (a lot of them are 50+).

Also SOPA is shelved. We need to worry about PIPA now. (because the white house didn't support it or something, I've no clue how american politics work)
[Image: infographic.png]
It's only for Americans
Pages: 1 2 3 4