ItsMods

Full Version: possible ways to pick up cheats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to add anti-cheat type things to my promod, i already have one which shows people thru walls in demos etc, though, do you think it would be possible to calculate peoples shot locations, so if say, a person playing shoots 10x just below the neck in a row, it flags it as suspicious or something..

also, what ideas would u guys have to prevent cheating via aimbot / walls?
(01-12-2012, 12:49)koil Wrote: [ -> ]I want to add anti-cheat type things to my promod, i already have one which shows people thru walls in demos etc, though, do you think it would be possible to calculate peoples shot locations, so if say, a person playing shoots 10x just below the neck in a row, it flags it as suspicious or something..
This is not the best idea...in theory someone could hit the same location many times but still be legit and get kicked/banned.

(01-12-2012, 12:49)koil Wrote: [ -> ]also, what ideas would u guys have to prevent cheating via aimbot / walls?
Use a real anti-cheat other than VAC.
You can possibly detect if someone does a full 180 degree spin because of an aimbot, but still there are chances for false detections again.
There really is no way to create something to detect hacks via GSC; you will be just wasting your time.
Its not really to kick / ban them instantly, its just so admins can review demo's if its flagged. It is possible to hit the location the same times 10x in a match, though not that likely.
(01-12-2012, 13:06)koil Wrote: [ -> ]Its not really to kick / ban them instantly, its just so admins can review demo's if its flagged. It is possible to hit the location the same times 10x in a match, though not that likely.

In Mw2 is possible, you only need an ACR. In BO is posible too if you take an AK47
yes but killing 10 people in the exact same location is not likely at all.. anyways, what about ways of picking up scripts for spam mouse click etc..
You'll only get tired of this, and false detection is still possible.

If you want to code anticheat, use real programming language.