ItsMods

Full Version: "a mw3 mod" through server config???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, there are a few german guys who are chatting on the german ESL forums about making a some sort of mod, a mode close to promod, where they can tweak the graphics, weapon recoil, number of flashes, flash effects, weapon damage, moving speed, fov and so on. I'm just curious whether they are talking crap or is that actually possible, I mean I myself wont believe it until I see a video of it or something, they have posted some screenshots, with some enhanced graphics etc, but that seems rather a fake attempt to troll the ESL community.

So basically Im just wondering whether it could be possible to do few things that way, without mod tools, as the things are with mw3 right now?

the guys name is lowkick btw on ESL.

regards,

joka
through server config - not and NEVER possible, no official mod support.
Another way - wait for Modloader.
not possible today
You can change the gamemode to be promod like but you can't change client side graphics, fov etc. And you also can't get strat time, timeout and weapon balancing,
You CAN change client graphics dvars with @Nukem 's addon
(12-18-2011, 10:35)OrangePL Wrote: [ -> ]You CAN change client graphics dvars with @Nukem 's addon

which is not released at this time.

And we still wouldn't have things like strat time.
wrong section, mod section is for releases, this is just another help thread
well the modtools might come after few months and might not come at all.

but the modloader is made by someone from the community right or does IW have to release as well?

some1 with knowledge about the two questions plz answer, thanks Smile
unofficial modloaders were always community-made. but with mw3 it's very hard, if possible at all.