ItsMods

Full Version: Background pixelated O_O'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have a problem with my modtools. I have an image which I want to convert into a .iwi so I could use it as a background or a loadscreen for a mod.
The image is fine before and after converting into .iwi. The problem arises after I compile and start up the mod. The image gets extremely pixelated.

This happens for both, menu bg and loadscreen.
I've tried with multiple different images. (Resolutions as high as 1920 x 1200) which I then converted into 1024 x 1024.

I've tried both, photoshopping a .tga and making that into a material with AssMan, as well as tried converting a .png to .iwi with Jarizz's texture compiler. Both with same result.

Also I made a test with the compiler.
I used this .png image as my original picture:
(Scaled it down a bit from 1920 x 1200 so the upload would be fast)

I received the 1024 x 1024 resized .iwi file and converted it back into a .png just to see if the .iwi was broken. Got this as the new image:

That's all good for now. I added the .iwi into my mod/images/ folder and renamed it into menu_mp_background_main2.iwi. I added

Code:
material,menu_mp_background_main2

into my mod.csv.
Then I compiled the .iwd and .ff and it gave no errors. When I load the mod, I get this as a result:

why you load material, just replace image.....
It should be tga>iwi.
Tried making tga into iwi with Asset Manager which had the same result, and I did also try without adding the material into the mod.csv. Neither had any difference.

I'm assuming that the texture compiler also makes the .png into a tga and from there to iwi anyway.
Checked game cache for all related things, no use.

Last desperate bump if anyone has any solutions.

Also it's not with the compiling either since I can add background.iwi's made by other people and they work just fine.
AWESOME TUTORIAL!!!111!
Step 1. Install Paint.NET
Step 2. Install http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Rele...-v1-0.html
edit: how f***** hard is it to change a background, seriously...
(12-22-2011, 19:56)jariz Wrote: [ -> ]how f***** hard is it to change a background, seriously...

lol.... I have tried that... I am able to change the background, but the quality becomes shit. Even with loadscreens.

If you don't want to help, no problem. Don't need to be a bitch about it. Just leave the topic alone, if you can't help.
[Image: tut.png]
What DPI is the original Image done at??
I have the same problem -.-
Doesnt exists any solution???
Or you just do it how it should be -> check the tutorials.......
Pages: 1 2