ItsMods

Full Version: FOV Fixer by Agent Rev
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
AgentRev has made a program that allows you to adjust your FOV while playing MW3 live online. Here is a screenshot of it in action:

[Image: fovchangerscreenshot.jpg]

You can download it here:
[attachment=1294]

You can change your FOV to some crazy settings - up to 190. I would advise against going over 90 as the viewsleeves models (the models that you see of your avatar arms holding your gun) have a limit to them, and going over 90 causes some clipping issues.

WILL THIS TRIGGER A VAC BAN?

Well, this is debatable and it could do, but I highly doubt it. VAC does not monitor all memory addresses, as the program widescreenfixer proves - it has been manipulating memory in games for COD since MW2 and has never triggered a VAC ban for anyone. This program works in the same was as that, so I don't see it doing it either. VAC does not ban for all memory changes - only those which it "thinks" are cheat-making.

Use at your own risk.
Good thread, few questions though:
1. Mind adding a virus scan?
2. Did you use this yourself and can you confirm this working?
Also no outside links allowed Troll
Checked sourcecode, looks good Awesome /approved
(12-07-2011, 12:16)jariz Wrote: [ -> ]Good thread, few questions though:
1. Mind adding a virus scan?
2. Did you use this yourself and can you confirm this working?
Also no outside links allowed Troll
Checked sourcecode, looks good Awesome /approved

It's not my program, and the link takes you to a download site. So, I don't see how I can virus scan a download link.

Yes, I have been using it, and can confirm it is working.
still, use it with caution! there is a high risk of probably getting banned cause any modification could trigger a ban
I lol'd at this

[Image: P55Js.jpg]
(12-07-2011, 12:51)d0h! Wrote: [ -> ]still, use it with caution! there is a high risk of probably getting banned cause any modification could trigger a ban

I would dispute the use of the word "high". There is certainly a risk, but high? Really? Widescreenfixer has been in use since MW2, and it modifies the memory offset for FOV in precisely the same way. And it has never triggered a ban.

People are under the illusion that VAC is "all seeing". It isn't. It only looks at memory components which are historically related to cheats. The memory component for FOV is not flagged as a cheat manipulator and so it isn't scanned. On the other hand, the developers could certainly start doing that if they became aware of the use of such programs, but I doubt it.
(12-07-2011, 13:07)Tally Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2011, 12:51)d0h! Wrote: [ -> ]still, use it with caution! there is a high risk of probably getting banned cause any modification could trigger a ban

I would dispute the use of the word "high". There is certainly a risk, but high? Really? Widescreenfixer has been in use since MW2, and it modifies the memory offset for FOV in precisely the same way. And it has never triggered a ban.

People are under the illusion that VAC is "all seeing". It isn't. It only looks at memory components which are historically related to cheats. The memory component for FOV is not flagged as a cheat manipulator and so it isn't scanned. On the other hand, the developers could certainly start doing that if they became aware of the use of such programs, but I doubt it.

WRONG. It checks the ENTIRE .text and .rdata section.

Luckily for you FoV is in .data (the dynamic one used by the game, the default value is in .rdata).

Doesn't mean this is VAC safe forever.
The external hacks just read memory without modifying anything at all and they started banning for it.
Where's the problem about putting some Viruscan in here? Oh man :/
@Tally ,
y u no release blackops sound tool Fuu !
Pages: 1 2 3 4