ItsMods

Full Version: Call of Duty Elite might not make it to PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Remember the Call of Duty social network, matchmaking and stat-tracking service, Call of Duty Elite? The one that was available on Xbox and PS3 at Modern Warfare 3s launch? The one that Activision described as a necessity for games? It might not make it to PC.

Beachhead Studio head Chacko Sonny implied that we were getting it a few weeks ago, abeit later than the console kids: Were as committed as ever to the PC, but the need to ensure a safe PC environment is greater than ever, he said. Its really extensive. We need more time to get there, so Elite on PC will not launch on Day 1. Were working our butts off to make it happen, but we wont release it until we know that PC gamers can enjoy Elite as its meant to be.

It seems the situation has changed. As Eurogamer spotted on the official Call of Duty Elite Twitter feed, we might not be getting the service at all. EVER.

We are working towards a universal Elite experience but we cannot guarantee if or when a version will be available for the PC, read a tweet posted a few hours ago. The if makes me suspicious.

Call of Duty Elites console launch has been plagued with technical issues and users have even been given 30 days free use of the service to compensate. We were told that the PC version of Elite wouldnt require a subscription fee. We were also told that wed be testing it around now. And that it would eventually get released on PC, hence all the coverage. I dont know who to believe any more.

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/15/call-o...-it-to-pc/
another marketing fail and blame against pc gamers
PC gamers getting raped by IW once again
I don't care, its useless anyway
(11-16-2011, 22:00)OrangePL Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care, its useless anyway

EA wins with Battlelog and BF3 (which actually does work on PC and is free as well (ALL features included)).
(11-16-2011, 22:20)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]EA wins with Battlelog and BF3 (which actually does work on PC and is free as well (ALL features included)).

I think we all know EA loves pc games and Activision doesn't. No need to troll us CoD players anymore with that Troll
(11-16-2011, 22:00)OrangePL Wrote: [ -> ]I don't care, its useless anyway

CoD is about fun, not rankilsts... at least to me..
CoD MP has never been really fun. It's just about random kills and bad lagcompensation. No surprise that Counter-Strike isn't the most hacked game (by percentage, not absolute numbers Troll ) anymore.
Pages: 1 2