ItsMods

Full Version: Quick scope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
the cmMod will have a faster aim for sniper scope?

this is a think who need to be added , because every competitive game has it, like counter strike, DODs, cod4(promod), etc...

and can be a thing to make the sniper not a camping only weapon.

what u think about this? Smile
I guess the snipers will be tweaked, to handle & scope better BUT I hope it won't be the ''easy-mode'' sniping like in mw2

I think the snipers should be modded in a way to hit the balance between being challenging to dominate with in games and rewarding skilled snipers.
(12-05-2010, 22:44)j6k4 Wrote: [ -> ]I guess the snipers will be tweaked, to handle & scope better BUT I hope it won't be the ''easy-mode'' sniping like in mw2

I think the snipers should be modded in a way to hit the balance between being challenging to dominate with in games and rewarding skilled snipers.

in mw2 its easy cuz everyone can be a pub king xD

lets use cod4promod as exemple ,

rly fast scope , no sway , but the high skilled smgs and assault players make only a few players play like a pro with the sniper class xD

in mw2 we have a fast scope , with sway , but the low skilled guys make these kids play like a pro , but they arent xD
very true, the sniping in cod4promod might have been nice and easy to use

but you would only dominate in public against low skilled players in the war or a ladder match against a decent team you'll have to have some scope skill to dominate that is correct my sir
counter strike does not having an accurate quick scoping like cod :S
My guess is this will be out when modtools is released because the weapon needs to be edited in asset manager... anyways ill see what i can do.
once again: WEAPON DAMAGE CAN BE CHANGED WITH GSc's...
Seriously.
the damage is fine, but right now every second player choose sniper when i host cmmod. i host 5on5 and there 2-3 sniper min on each team. i'm not sure how cmmod remove the sway but i guess it's through the sniper perk. i try testing with this removed. otherwise i had the idea to limit the sniperclass to 1 in each team.

some var like sniperexists and then if sniperexists == true ...oh wait we need 2. sniperexistsattack and sniperexistsdeffence.....

that was my thought, but i'm stuck how to check ifsniperexists at roundstartup, because if the sniper disconnects you have to use a var and method to check...

maybe for public 2 sniper/team but more are lame
(06-08-2011, 13:45)T3h vICE Wrote: [ -> ]the damage is fine, but right now every second player choose sniper when i host cmmod. i host 5on5 and there 2-3 sniper min on each team. i'm not sure how cmmod remove the sway but i guess it's through the sniper perk. i try testing with this removed. otherwise i had the idea to limit the sniperclass to 1 in each team.

some var like sniperexists and then if sniperexists == true ...oh wait we need 2. sniperexistsattack and sniperexistsdeffence.....

that was my thought, but i'm stuck how to check ifsniperexists at roundstartup, because if the sniper disconnects you have to use a var and method to check...

maybe for public 2 sniper/team but more are lame

I know that a few of the sniper mods here use a couple Dvar's to stop the sway. For mine I used this code:
PHP Code:
    self setClientDvar"player_breath_gasp_lerp""0" );

self setClientDvar"player_breath_snd_lerp""0" );

self setClientDvar"player_breath_gasp_scale""0" );

self setClientDvar"player_breath_fire_delay""0" );

self setClientDvar"player_breath_snd_delay""0" );

self setClientDvar"player_breath_gasp_time""0" ); 

self setClientDvar"bg_viewBobMax"); 

self setClientDvar"bg_weaponBobMax");

self setClientDvar"scr_xpcollectorsscale"0.01 );

self setClientDvar"scr_xpzmscale"0.01 );

self setClientDvar"bg_bobMax""0" );

self setClientDvar"bg_bobAmplitudeStanding""0" );

self setClientDvar"bg_bobAmplitudeSprinting""0" );

self setClientDvar"bg_bobAmplitudeDucked""0 0" );

self setClientDvar"bg_bobAmplitudeProned""0 0" ); 
thx, i got a bit of sway into it. it's maybe to much, but it helps to get rid of this snipergame. in the current original cmmod version you feel like in isnipe, because everyone choose the damn sniper xD
or otherwise the aku, but i'm lowerd the damage already. it's not balanced if you can run absolut silently with a weapon that almost got the range and dmg from a normal ak74 + the close combat bonus from movement. i don't understand why eekhoorn didn't lowerd the aku from the beginning :/