ItsMods

Full Version: Luggage "destructables" (By Yamato)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OMA

[Image: 8e0c5fd1.png]

This was made by @Yamato , he just asked me to post it here since he couldn't access his account right now. [Image: OneManArmy.png]

OMA

Precache the models;
Code:
Precachemodel("ap_luggage01"); //You can use ap_luggage01 - 04

OMA

Code:
SpawnLuggage(origin,angle)
{
    lugg = spawn("script_model",origin);
    lugg setmodel("ap_luggage01"); //You can use ap_luggage01 - 04
    lugg.angles = angle;
    lugg setcandamage(true);
    lugg.killed = 0;
    lugg.health = 50;
    lugg.maxhealth = 50;
    luggfx = loadfx("props/garbage_spew_des");
    for(;;)
    {
        if(lugg.health < 0 && lugg.killed != 1)
        {
            lugg playsound("luggage_burst_open");
            playfx(luggfx,lugg.origin);
            lugg.killed = 1;
            lugg physicslaunchserver(lugg.origin,(randomintrange(-100,100),randomintrange(-100,100),randomint(100)));
            wait 5.5;
            lugg delete();
        }
    wait 0.05;
    }
}
OMA

[Image: OneManArmy.png]

OMA
OMA
@Yamato is there a way to use the fx's models individually and place them in your map? I'm talking about the bottles and food cans, etc that pop out of it. Also, would it work on Overgrown?

thanks
(12-25-2011, 15:05)xplosiff Wrote: [ -> ]@Yamato is there a way to use the fx's models individually and place them in your map? I'm talking about the bottles and food cans, etc that pop out of it. Also, would it work on Overgrown?

thanks

What would work on Overgrown? The luggage?

About the models, yes , is possible, I was going to make many objects like this but got lazy and only made this one and some plant pots, Tongue
(12-25-2011, 15:54)Yamato Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2011, 15:05)xplosiff Wrote: [ -> ]@Yamato is there a way to use the fx's models individually and place them in your map? I'm talking about the bottles and food cans, etc that pop out of it. Also, would it work on Overgrown?

thanks

About the models, yes , is possible, I was going to make many objects like this but got lazy and only made this one and some plant pots, Tongue

I mean the models inside it. Like, would I be able to spawn a model of a bottle, or a can of food out of it and have it dynamic. For example, spawning bottles across a rail (each individual bottle placed through code).

Like,
precacheModel("dynent_bottle");
and placing it in the world like you would place a the luggage, but JUST the bottle model out of the FX it produces
(12-25-2011, 17:14)xplosiff Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

I mean the models inside it. Like, would I be able to spawn a model of a bottle, or a can of food out of it and have it dynamic. For example, spawning bottles across a rail (each individual bottle placed through code).

Like,
and placing it in the world like you would place a the luggage, but JUST the bottle model out of the FX it produces
[Image: a948fe4a.png]

I agree with Yamato, what are you saying? lol

Changing the model?
Just change the "setmodel" to dynent_bottle...?
(12-25-2011, 17:24)Rendflex Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

Like,

Changing the model?

omg lol ok, here's take 3...

You know when you shoot the crap out of it and models fly out? There's what, a couple shirts, cans and bottles.

Is there a way to take the individual models of the cans/bottles so I can place them ingame as props? I.E: Target practice, place a row of bottles on something, go right away and shoot at the bottles.

BTW, dynent_bottle was made up and idk if it exsts.
(12-26-2011, 01:38)xplosiff Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-25-2011, 17:24)Rendflex Wrote: [ -> ]

thanks

Like,

Changing the model?

omg lol ok, here's take 3...

You know when you shoot the crap out of it and models fly out? There's what, a couple shirts, cans and bottles.

Is there a way to take the individual models of the cans/bottles so I can place them ingame as props? I.E: Target practice, place a row of bottles on something, go right away and shoot at the bottles.

I am not very sure if they are models or FX, if they are models, yes, you can perfectly spawn them and make some target shooting.
(12-26-2011, 01:38)xplosiff Wrote: [ -> ]omg lol ok, here's take 3...

Try these:
Code:
com_bottle1
com_bottle2
com_bottle3
com_bottle4
if you really want to make that
why don't you then create a internet game?