ItsMods

Full Version: Battlefield 3 Beta client doesn't start? maybe this helps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[hide]
Quote:Hello, I found the solution, thought you might want to know .

1) Go to the location where Origin installed battlefield. This folder is called: "Beta Battlefield 3" (grave accent on first e). Now this is the problem; the Windows registry system can't cope with the 'e' with the grave accent, so change it to a normal 'e': "Beta Battlefield 3".

2) Next press the Windows key + r on your keyboard and enter "regedit" (without the "), press enter. Now navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> EA GAMES. Click on 'Bf3 Beta'. On your right you see a row of information where the 3rd and 4th row are filepaths, and there the annoying 'e' is back! Change the e's with the grave accent to normal 'e' in both filepaths and close the registry editor.

You should be good to go! No restart needed, battlefield will work also with quickstart . Have fun!!

Greetings,
Joep

Source[/hide]
In the taskmgr I see bf3.exe starting up but then it closes after half a minute again without showing anything to me.
Will try this anyways.
Yes worked.
No, does not work.
The game started for 5 seconds and then closed itself and I'm back to the usual error.
Ah, now randomly the map is loading.
Nah this map is bad.
Got spawnkilled 10 times in a row.
Removed it again.
Too bad it doesn't work.
It works noobs Awesome
For me it did
Took me 4 hours before i could play though
It's /Battlefield 3 Beta/ and i don't understand what the difference from "Beta Battlefield 3" and "Beta Battlefield 3" is.

I don't have that problem anyways. My problem is that the program opens, but in Battlelog it gets stuck on 'Connecting..' and game doesn't respond, with a black screen.
Uninstall the game. Metro map fails. Spawnpoints for Russians are fubar.
(09-30-2011, 16:20)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstall the game. Metro map fails. Spawnpoints for Russians are fubar.

yeah COD is sooooo much better

Troll
Origin doesn't let me download the game.. it says I have to be logged in as an administrator... but I am logged in as an administrator Fuu
(09-30-2011, 16:27)jariz Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-30-2011, 16:20)SuperNovaAO Wrote: [ -> ]Uninstall the game. Metro map fails. Spawnpoints for Russians are fubar.

yeah COD is sooooo much better

Troll

Bad troll. Everyone knows that I hate the CoD series.
(09-30-2011, 16:16)AZUMIKKEL Wrote: [ -> ]It's /Battlefield 3 Beta/ and i don't understand what the difference from "Beta Battlefield 3" and "Beta Battlefield 3" is.

Béta Battlefield 3 , Beta Battlefield 3

for me the folder is called like that and this helped for me after a few minutes.
Pages: 1 2