ItsMods

Full Version: Turn off "Aim Down Sights" in bots only
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm relatively new at modding and scripting. What i was hoping for, if this is the right forum to do it in, a mod or a script i can use to switch of the ability to ADS on bots only. If that is even possible. I'm hoping that this might reduce the accuracy in bot combat without making them extremely simple, easy and pointless. I've been playing with Pezbot on Cod4 and noticed that they never seem to ADS and i was thinking that might be why they feel superior to the Black Ops built in bots.

Any thoughts ideas or comments on why it would not work?
because pezbots = moving aimbots Troll

also, the code to do is
self allowads(false);

true = allows
(09-15-2011, 19:40)OrangePL Wrote: [ -> ]because pezbots = moving aimbots Troll

also, the code to do is
self allowads(false);

true = allows
Thanks for the quick reply, having trouble implementing the code though. So you don't think Pezbots where all that good?
I didnt say they werent good, they had sometimes unrealistic aiming, and this weird way of walking Tongue
I like 3arc bots more, they act more realistic.
About the code - put after onplayerspawned() in rank.gsc, adter self waittill("spawned_player");
Code:
if(isDefined(self.pers["isBot"]) && self.pers["isBot"]) //Or replace with if(self is_bot())
    self allowADS(false);

Add that under self waittill("spawned_player") in onPlayerSpawned.
(09-15-2011, 21:03)OrangePL Wrote: [ -> ]I didnt say they werent good, they had sometimes unrealistic aiming, and this weird way of walking Tongue
I like 3arc bots more, they act more realistic.
About the code - put after onplayerspawned() in rank.gsc, adter self waittill("spawned_player");

Thanks again. Yeah i feel its a mixed bag with both of them. 3arc bots move way better and act calmer than pezbots but I've never had a problem with pezbots headshotting me across an entire map with a submachine gun like 3arc bots are so talented at. Maps like Hazard aka Cliffside are almost unplayable against 3arc bots.
Well ultimately it worked that the bots only had restricted ADS thanks to the code help that i got. but the side effect was that they would freeze on the spot upon seeing an enemy and not fire unless i was well withing CQC range. It was a strange Minecraft "Endermen" kind of effect.