ItsMods

Full Version: Importing models from CoDs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Not Available for guests...
[hide]

Importing models tutorial

Finnaly! I will tell and show how to import (export) models from some CODs..
First of you need thoose programs:
  • -
  • Skill For Maya 2009
    -
  • Autodesk Maya 2009
    -
  • Call of Duty Black Ops Mod tools
    -
  • Other Call of Duty Mod tools files. Because you will import models from it.
    -
  • xmodel exporter. You can download this program is HERE (Press on me)
    -
  • CoD7 Asset Manager
    -
  • IWIxDDS
    -
  • DDS to TGA Converter

Known bugs, tips
  • You can fully animate your weapon model there: PRESS ON ME
  • If you will have error like. ERROR! Can't open techset (etc) PM me, i'll fix.. this error is have small chance..
  • Do not use weapon_(blallba) files as viewmodel! They have other position.
  • Imported viewmodels already has fixed position in hands!
  • You can find my other tutorials for more information and fixes!
  • Xmodel Exporter Exports wrong tags for some models! ( Like character and viewmodels )

I will use Desert Eagle in Tutorial
For fully animate weapon press Export .MA in xmodel_exporter, also in Maya2009 need to use 'Bind Skin' function for connect joints to some parts/bones/tags ...

First Steps!

1. Open xmodel exporter program...
NOTE! For Fix Model size go to: Xmodel Exporter > Settings ... And check 'Scale models by 2.54 (cm to inch)'.. Save settings..
[Image: r65338thl143.jpg]

2. (If you will have errors on launch.. Just press Enter..)
3. Press 'Folder icon'. Screen:
[Image: i472211stq143.jpg]
4. Browse your directory, directory must be: <cod dir>/raw ! not <cod dir>/raw/xmodel
5. Press 'OK' and you will see Model List in Program
[Image: t117622nds143.jpg]
6. Choose your model...
7. You will see list of materials, tags, parts...
NOTE: On Some Computers xmodel exporter is buggy! You will see not 'viewmodel_desert_eagle1', you will see 'iewmodel_desert_eagle1' and you need to rename real files to 'bug' name
[Image: n18064thp143.jpg]

8. IF BUG: Go to CoD Directory (Not CoD7), and find: viewmodel_desert_Eagle1 and rename to iewmodel_desert_Eagle1 (Do this with every weapon)
9. Press 'Refresh' In Xmodel Exporter...
[Image: j491835thl143.jpg]

10. You will see, it works! But Materials is wrong! Go to <cod dir (not cod7)>/main/ and search thoose materials... When you will find materials, Copy them to <cod dir (not 7)>/raw/images ( Do not delete them! After importing )

11. Now Press 'Refresh' again.. You will see all is fine..
[Image: o7816thh143.jpg]

12. Now press on main name.. [Image: d454097thf143.jpg]

13. Check 'Export all surfaces', If this already checked, Uncheck and Check ....
14. You will see, key 'Export .OBJ' can be pressed...
15. Press on 'Export .OBJ'
You can press Export .MA and fix some tags with my new tutorial Tongue
NOTE: .OBJ File created in <cod dir (not cod7) >/raw/obj

16. This will named: iewmodel_desert_eagle1.obj
17. Open Maya 2009
18. In Maya 2009 press File > Open Scene
19. Browse your file and choose this file...
20. In Maya 2009 you will see your model ...
[Image: l497799tha143.jpg]

21. Press Edit > Select all. When all is selected press Edit > Group
22. Press CoD Tools > Model Export
23. Again Select all ...
24. In Maya's model exporter press 'Auto populate > Create from selection'
25. You will see name of model in List.. Check it and press 'Export selected', It will give you 'Save?', press 'No'. On second question press 'Yes'
26. You will see Extraction Bar..
27. Now go to <cod dir (not 7)>/raw/obj/ and you will see .XMODEL_EXPORT file, it can be named 'group1' 'group2' etc..
28. Open this file with AkelPad or other Text Editor..
29. You will see Bones .. They named Group0, Group1 etc..
30. For Make Animated Clip, Go to Maya 2009, Press on Parts, you will see name of Bone(Tag, Part) ..
[Image: a3189610tho143.jpg]
You will see Bone (Tag or Part) and Bone's Name
Bone 'tag_clip' is named 'Group(any num)', this is xmodel_exporter program bug..
31. In XMODEL_EXPORT file, rename this bone to 'tag_clip'
32. Save this file..
34. Open Asset Manager..
35. Choose 'xmodel' and press 'New entry', i called DE gold as 'viewmodel_deserteagle'
36. Rename Your XMODEL_EXPORT file to any name.. This name will be for xmodelsurf or xmodelpart
37. Choose it..
38. Change 'type' to 'animated'
[Image: l3992411t143.jpg]
39. Save GDT File...
40. Press convert for xmodel..
41. You will see error! Can't find material! Copy this material's name and create new entry for material with copied name..
42. You can convert CoD4 Files, or create your.. CoD4 Materials have bad quallity..
43. Now convert this material
44. Convert xmodel...
45. After Converting, find in <cod7 dir>/raw/ .IWI file, and mtl file (named as material in Asset Manager) And copy to your mod ..
46. Find in <cod7 dir>/raw your model! Model named as xmodel Entry in Asset Manager..
47. Find <cod7 dir>/raw xmodelpart and xmodelsurf! This file named as GDT File name in Asset Manager..
48. All Anims from CoD4 is in CoD7! You can see in my other thread... http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-INFO...stuff.html
49. Create your weapon or spawn model!

HOT FIX: in xmodel exporter when exporting, press on tag model then Export .MA and use it in maya 2009! All tags is saved! Just export! (Scripts18 Failed)

I released M40a3 And Desert Ealge there as Example! Enjoy!

Some results:
[Image: q349942011-08-09_00036h143.jpg]
[Image: o283372011-08-09_00062a143.jpg]
[Image: s326192011-08-08_00086q143.jpg]

[/hide]

[*]Recorded by "secret noob"

Written by me.
Thanks to CoDBOMod|Nukem - said about model size fixing..

Thanks for reading!! Nyan Cat
nice tutorial Wink
cool :=) thanks
Nice!! how did you got the original sounds?. Thanks!
(08-10-2011, 15:54)FRAN710 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!! how did you got the original sounds?. Thanks!

http://www.itsmods.com/forum/Thread-Addi...layer.html
(08-10-2011, 16:04)d0h! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2011, 15:54)FRAN710 Wrote: [ -> ]Nice!! how did you got the original sounds?. Thanks!

that won't work.. the weapons you import with this are from another game..

nice tutorial
(08-10-2011, 16:09)Pozzuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2011, 16:04)d0h! Wrote: [ -> ]

that won't work.. the weapons you import with this are from another game..
You could take the sounds from cod4/codwaw and put them into BO raw/sounds. You would have to make your own soundalias though which isnt too hard. Easiest way is to use openoffice calc and seperate by commas ",". hope that makes sense. I would take the gun that sounds most similar to the one your making, and just change the alias name and the file locations. ( be sure to make 2 sound aliases both regular and plr sounds. plr sounds are always the same volume and dont fade over a distance where as regular or npc sounds do.)
(08-10-2011, 17:09)boe44 Wrote: [ -> ]You could take the sounds from cod4/codwaw and put them into BO raw/sounds. You would have to make your own soundalias though which isnt too hard. Easiest way is to use openoffice calc and seperate by commas ",". hope that makes sense. I would take the gun that sounds most similar to the one your making, and just change the alias name and the file locations. ( be sure to make 2 sound aliases both regular and plr sounds. plr sounds are always the same volume and dont fade over a distance where as regular or npc sounds do.)

There is no sound converter for black ops so you can't do this afaik.
(08-10-2011, 17:19)[CoDBOMod]Nukem Wrote: [ -> ]There is no sound converter for black ops so you can't do this afaik.

converting .wav to raw Mono, 44100Hz, 32-bit float doesnt work like in every other cod?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8