ItsMods

Full Version: Problem With the "Making a basic Quickmessage-like menu" Thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, In my mod, I am trying to make a menu to give me a weapon. In the Basic Quickmessage Menu Thread I am stuck on the part where it says:
Quote:Now all we have to do is load this .gsc file so open _load.gsc and on the init() function there are a lot of threads, just add this to it:
Code:
level thread maps\mp\gametypes\mod_menu::init();
and your responses will work!

You can open the menu with this:
Code:
self openMenu( game["SCRIPT NAME HERE"] );
as I told you above. Just open it whenever you want, for example onPlayerSpawned()

COMPILING IT
The .menu files need to be in a FastFile so we add the following line to our zone source
Code:
menufile,ui_mp/scriptmenus/THE NAME YOU CHOOSE.menu
and your menu should be good to go!
I found the _load.gsc file, but I don't know where to paste. And for the very last step, what is a zone source?
use the easy menu, its simpler and looks better IMO, i had problems with that tutorial as well.
(08-02-2011, 23:07)koil Wrote: [ -> ]use the easy menu, its simpler and looks better IMO, i had problems with that tutorial as well.

Thanks. Looking it up right now.
(08-02-2011, 23:07)koil Wrote: [ -> ]use the easy menu, its simpler and looks better IMO, i had problems with that tutorial as well.

OK, so I have the code. Do I put it in my _rank.gsc or my mod_menu?
ah... which part of the code?... do what ever the tut says, pretty easy, you need to use a .menu file to make menus ;d
(08-02-2011, 23:34)koil Wrote: [ -> ]ah... which part of the code?... do what ever the tut says, pretty easy, you need to use a .menu file to make menus ;d

And is that it? Or do I have to do fast files, what ever that is?
yah, fast file them with mod tools
(08-02-2011, 23:56)koil Wrote: [ -> ]yah, fast file them with mod tools

all of them?
what files do u have exactly?
(08-03-2011, 00:17)koil Wrote: [ -> ]what files do u have exactly?

In my maps>mp>gametypes I have "_rank.gsc"
In my ui_mp>scriptmenus I have "mod_menu.menu"