ItsMods

Full Version: Black Ops Weapon Property Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is Black Ops Weapon Propery Editor?
It allows you to read and edit the weapon files created by Black Ops that can be found in iw_00.iwd with ease. Did you know that this program was originally the ItsMods community? Awesome

Why would I want to want to edit these files?
To incorporate them into your mod and do something really cool like this (put the weapon files into the myMod\weapons\mp folder and then pack it into a FF file. some craps like that anyway). Thanks to @AZUMIKKEL for this awesome video. More details about adding your own automatic L96A1 to your mod can be found here.

Screenshot:
[Image: 41044436.png]

Features:
  • Browse inside IWDs (only MP weapons supported so far, if you want SP weapons to be supported, post on this thread)
  • Simple to use GUI
  • Descriptions for many properties (as this is only version 0.1, I still need to add more but I was I wanted to give you guys an early preview)
  • Save all modifications
  • Can distinguish between what is a weapon file and what's not. Fuck yea!

TBA (To be added):
  • Reset property to original value option
  • More descriptions
  • Anything else you guys suggest Nyan Cat

How to use:
1. Run Black Ops Weapon Property Editor.
2. Select Browse and find your weapon file (go to step 3) or Browse IWD (go to step 2a) .
2a. Find your iw_00.iwd file. If you have Steam and Black Ops installed, it should find it automatically.
2b. Open the file and select a weapon from the list.
3. Go through the table and edit the values to your liking. A description will appear for a property when you go on it.
4. When your all done, hit Save and choose where you want to save the file.

Requirements:
You need .NET Framework 2.0 to run this program.

Virus Scans:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult...03791bf8f3
http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/repo...1311935544
Any detections are false positives. Some AVs may flag some obsfuscated programs when they are COMPLETELY SAFE.

If any descriptions are incorrect or need to be fixed please let me know.
Why is this better then assman?
like pozzuh said, you can edit every weapon edits inside the asset manager.
but i have to admit that your little tool looks very handy and easy to use either.

approved and thanks for your effort, repd
meh, it just makes it more user friendly. didn't realise Asset Manager has this already. herp derp. I probably won't need to update this then. heheheh.
Hmm if you want suggestion add a backup option where it creates a folder for you (folder called backups) and put the files before you edit them, and add support to sp weapons. BTW very nice tool, user friendly and very handy some times.

Thanks Barata...
I like trains
lol, of course no
I know im new here but I cant seem to get the modded guns to be ingame with my friends where do I place the edited mp files ?
l96a1 is assault rifle now
its give me a eror: This is not valid weapon file.
????????
Pages: 1 2