ItsMods

Full Version: Spawn entity, add collision etc help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I want to spawn the model of this:
[Image: pruebas_008.jpg]
Add collision to it so that zombies cannot pass through. But survivor team should be able to pass through the barricade.

Thanks, Lemon.

Edit: my priority is to give it collision.
Don't think it's possible to spawn a collision just for one team. You could however have no collision, but put a trigger_radius on it where if the player is on axis/allies, it pushes them back.
(07-20-2011, 00:32)Lemon Wrote: [ -> ]I want to spawn the model of this:
[Image: pruebas_008.jpg]
Add collision to it so that zombies cannot pass through. But survivor team should be able to pass through the barricade.

Thanks, Lemon.

You can apply collision after set desired height (54, 64, 128) , set jump or climb allowed for player and disable it for zombie,make trigger radius to disable it, triger position also can be used even to show hudicon on mini map, code to open and close garage in new map can help you to get moving baricade, need only change up and down with left and right

player can jump it but zombie only climb will look fun, in easy way enable oldschool jump for player only and set collision heght to 64
Code:
if(distance(barricadepos, zombie.origin) < 50)
{
zombie setOrigin(zombie.origin+(0,0,20));
zombie setVelocity(2000, 0, 0);
wait 0.01;
wait 0.01;
wait 0.01;
}
Adjust setVelocity and you'll make the zombies shoot away from the barricade.
@AZUMIKKEL Thanks but that's not I want zombies should be able to stay next to the barricade in order to punch them.
@Gladio they should be like a care package barricade in a zombie mod. Everything should stay normal(climb, jump, velocity etc.) all I want is to give it collision and it would be nice if humans can pass through it.
Well no.. I do not think that's possible, even with a map editor.
(07-21-2011, 01:27)AZUMIKKEL Wrote: [ -> ]Well no.. I do not think that's possible, even with a map editor.

What if no one can pass through, is there still no way to add collision?
(07-21-2011, 01:34)Lemon Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2011, 01:27)AZUMIKKEL Wrote: [ -> ]Well no.. I do not think that's possible, even with a map editor.

What if no one can pass through, is there still no way to add collision?

spawncollision("collision_geo_128x128x128","collider",(X, Y, Z), (Xangle, Yangle, Zangle));

There are collisions other than 128x128x128 but I don't know the whole list, you can find it somewhere.
Code:
collision = spawn( "trigger_radius", POSITION, 0, RADIUS, HEIGHT );
collision setContents( 1 );

not sure if it works in blops

edit: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php...on_Brushes
I want people to place barricades wherever they want and zombies to destroy them. Currently I'm using care packages:S and I need a better model.
Pages: 1 2