ItsMods

Full Version: Nvidia update gives blue screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a friend of mine said i had to update my nvidia drivers,
so i did, It went all fine but at 90% it gave a blue screen,
Now when i start my nividia control panel it just freezes....

what do?
Deinstall the driver : )
Reinstall the driver (close every other application before you start)
If that fails you will have to uninstall the driver and install the older version again.

btw: is this a desktop or laptop?
i suggest to use Driver Sweeper, seriously. Thats a common tool to get rid of every file related to graphic drivers.
Drivers never gets deleted 100% and are causing problems sometimes.

How to use ?

There are two methods to use Driver Sweeper.
Both methods achieve the same results. This method is always able to clean all files.

This method will delete remaining files upon reboot (if deleting failed). You can clean your drivers this way:
  • Use the official uninstaller(s) of the driver(s) you want to uninstall.
  • Reboot your PC in Safe Mode.
  • Run Driver Sweeper and select what to clean.
  • Analyse lists all the entries possible to remove, cleaning removes the entries selected.
  • More drivers can be selected for the same cleaning process.
What can it be used for ?
The current supported drivers are NVIDIA (Display and Chipset), ATI (Display), Creative (Sound) Realtek (Sound), Ageia (PhysX) and Microsoft (Mouse).

All the settings are saved in an ini file. Nothing is created in the registry, so it's possible to use it as a portable program. Log files can be saved to the harddisk and viewed as well. You can find the logs under the Tools menu.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
Clean install?
yeh after using driversweeper your old drivers are totally cleaned
woh thanks guys for all the reactions, i'll check them out!
Nvidia's clean install uninstalls the drivers which is nice, and prevents you from having problems with past drivers. On the other hand, if you made the switch from ATI-NVIDIA you should use driversweeper^